Midwest Fly In - who's coming

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
So far Ive heard from these people. who else?

Me/Leah
Greg/Sharon
Scott (drizzt76)
Jason
Jesse/Tristan
Steve/Mary

+ Chris (aka Grillmaster) / Rachel (aka fire putter outter)

As of right now, I can make it.
I usually have a family get together around that time though. Because of that last year, I only was able to stay for a few hours. Hopefully this year I'll be able to stick around a lot longer.

I am tentatively planning on being out there that weekend.

Pete

It's on my calendar. Now I just have to see what the folks in (s)crew scheduling have planned for me.

It's on my calendar, I'm 80% certain I can make it.

J.T. Dean

I am tentatively planning on being out there that weekend.

Pete

Ditto also!

I always try to make this stuff but some client always seem to screw up my plans but I am going to try! Between Moose hunts in Oct Elk in Utah Nov. Bird hunting to fill in the rest, My spare time is very limited.

I will try.

Ditto also!

I always try to make this stuff but some client always seem to screw up my plans but I am going to try! Between Moose hunts in Oct Elk in Utah Nov. Bird hunting to fill in the rest, My spare time is very limited.

I will try.

I'm going to check out a hunting preserve today. If things work out, you can bring your gun, we'll use my dogs, and we can go bag a few ringnecks while you're here. Maybe that will help spice the pot a bit for ya'. ;)

Me/Leah
Greg/Sharon
Scott (drizzt76)
Jason
Jesse/Tristan
Steve/Mary
Scott M
Chris/Rachel
Ben K

Tentative
PilotPete
Matt T
James Dean
Lance Fisher
Dogman

Hope I did not forget anyone. But I was just trying to get it down into one place for Tony. I thought they way we did the list for 6Y9 was really good. So if want to fill in tail number and such that would be fine too.

I have to apologize, I was reminded of another commitment this weekend. I'll have to move my trip to Wisconsin to the next weekend (first one in November) unless something changes. Sorry.

Best,

Dave

As of now, Tony, I am doubtful. And Sharon is a no. My Sis-In-Law's 60th is that weekend. And I have to work on that Monday. But I still want to try.

Tony:

I know I didn't make your glidathon (due to weather) and I missed Ed's flyin due to travel issues on my trip to Africa; but, I would like to try to make your Ames fly-in if possible and if I am welcome.

Tony:

I know I didn't make your glidathon (due to weather) and I missed Ed's flyin due to travel issues on my trip to Africa; but, I would like to try to make your Ames fly-in if possible and if I am welcome.

Sure, Scott.. I think we can squeeze you in somewhere. I guess I'll make you the same offer I made Greg -- would you like for me to fly the Columbia or the 182 to the fly-in for you? You know.. Don't want one of the planes feeling left out and everything. ;)

everyone is welcome. As far as I know, the only hotel reservation made so far is by Steve at the Grandstay Inn. You overnighters may want to start a thread coordinating hotel plans.

Well, I have 271G for Friday night and Saturday, but it's going to South Dakota to go pheasant hunting for a few days on Sunday, so I'll be headed home Saturday night unless the SD trip gets cancelled. :(

Pete has 83F, and after flying 41E today I've sworn off flying it on any long trips again. :mad:

Now, on the other hand, if I happen to own an airplane by then, I'll be there in that. And since it'll be all mine, I'll leave Ames when I darn well please. :D

I'm going to check out a hunting preserve today. If things work out, you can bring your gun, we'll use my dogs, and we can go bag a few ringnecks while you're here. Maybe that will help spice the pot a bit for ya'. ;)

I appreciate the Offer! I probably would not. Now if you would want to go Wild BIRD HUNTING SOME TIME I am in. I spend every day working dogs and I Have purchased and shot a little over 5000 pen raised birds so far this year training dogs.I shot 230 in the last 10 days. We are very busy with the bird dogs and bird dog people and frankly I am tired of them right now.
If I make it up I just want to meet you and all the other nice people for some good pilot Fellowship!

Thanks Jon

I appreciate the Offer! I probably would not. Now if you would want to go Wild BIRD HUNTING SOME TIME I am in. I spend every day working dogs and I Have purchased and shot a little over 5000 pen raised birds so far this year training dogs.I shot 230 in the last 10 days. We are very busy with the bird dogs and bird dog people and frankly I am tired of them right now.
If I make it up I just want to meet you and all the other nice people for some good pilot Fellowship!

Thanks Jon

Sounds like a good plan as well! :D

As a side note: The hunting preserve will probably be frequented by me and my father-in-law quite a bit this fall as I'm trying to get a new dog broke in (and get me broke in on how to handle it) as well as learning how to handle a 6 y/o field trialed dog that I got this spring.

I also have access to ~800 acres of corn farmland that has ~40 acres of CRP with a creek running through half of it if you're ever interested in coming down later this fall after I have the dogs under control.

For now, though, we'll just plan on talking airplanes. ;)

Well Kent, there is room in 83F if you need to.....

Pete

I'm in unless something else comes up! I'm waiting to figure out when I will be needing to ferry a plane next month. Dunno if it'll be that weekend.

Sounds like a good plan as well! :D

As a side note: The hunting preserve will probably be frequented by me and my father-in-law quite a bit this fall as I'm trying to get a new dog broke in (and get me broke in on how to handle it) as well as learning how to handle a 6 y/o field trialed dog that I got this spring.

I also have access to ~800 acres of corn farmland that has ~40 acres of CRP with a creek running through half of it if you're ever interested in coming down later this fall after I have the dogs under control.

For now, though, we'll just plan on talking airplanes. ;)

We Train dogs for people all over the world!! We put on training seminars all over the US. If you would like to have some help I can save you a Lot of time or keep you from making a mistake???? PM me and Or call me. Tell me about the dogs. Fly down and bring your pup. Spend the day and you will be amazed at how much we can teach you qnd the dog in a short time.

www.perfectionkennel.com

I'm starting to think about this one, so put me down as a maybe. Any SE TN or nearby folks want to ride along and share the cost? Lance? Kevin?

Thinking of flying up Friday evening, returning Sunday afternoon, depending on weather.

Well.. It looks like Rachel and I have now been bumped down to "tentative" attendees. I knew the 27/28 dates were familiar for some reason --- my mom's b-day is 28th. My sis is planning a big party for her 50th this year. Depending on when they actually have the party (might be a weekend earlier), I'll either be a no-show or come-and-go attendee for the flyin.

tell your sister to have tha party at the ames airport. its only logical.

October 27th in Ames, IA. there is at least one other thread with the subject "Midwest Fly In ..." that you can check out. Hope to see you there!

Well, I have 271G for Friday night and Saturday, but it's going to South Dakota to go pheasant hunting for a few days on Sunday, so I'll be headed home Saturday night unless the SD trip gets cancelled. :(

Kent Shook had a BACKUP reservation that is now in FIRST POSITION.

Resource: N271G - Cessna 182

Reservation is from: Saturday 10/27/2007 11:00:00 PM
to: Sunday 10/28/2007 6:00:00 PM

Comment: AMW, IFR. Return later if Mick cancels.

:D

Now, on the other hand, if I happen to own an airplane by then, I'll be there in that. And since it'll be all mine, I'll leave Ames when I darn well please. :D

And, unfortunately that deal fell through. :(

So now, I'm kinda looking for an Apache or maybe even a Twinkie. Or maybe an Apache now and a Twinkie in a few years. Or a Mooney. Or... :rolleyes:

look forward to seeing you there kent. did you get a hotel room? I think steve reserved at the Grandstay, may want to check with other overnighters (steve and jesse spring to mind) or start a thread.

I'm starting to think about this one, so put me down as a maybe. Any SE TN or nearby folks want to ride along and share the cost? Lance? Kevin?

Thinking of flying up Friday evening, returning Sunday afternoon, depending on weather.

Sorry Bill, just saw your post. This weekend is not good (if that when the fly-in is?).
Just reread the post. October 27 may work. Let me check to see when my IR check ride will be scheduled.

Kent,

The FBO at my home base (M11) is reconditioning an Apache they picked up in an estate sale in Florida a couple of weeks ago. They flew it home on a ferry permit and it is all opened up in the back of the hangar right now, but it looks mechanically sound, if you're interested. Get Miss. Aero's # from AirNav. I'll be home on the 2nd.

Kent Shook had a BACKUP reservation that is now in FIRST POSITION.

Resource: N271G - Cessna 182

Reservation is from: Saturday 10/27/2007 11:00:00 PM
to: Sunday 10/28/2007 6:00:00 PM

Comment: AMW, IFR. Return later if Mick cancels.

:D

And, unfortunately that deal fell through. :(

So now, I'm kinda looking for an Apache or maybe even a Twinkie. Or maybe an Apache now and a Twinkie in a few years. Or a Mooney. Or... :rolleyes:

Hey ApacheBob you see this???
Kent,

The FBO at my home base (M11) is reconditioning an Apache they picked up in an estate sale in Florida a couple of weeks ago. They flew it home on a ferry permit and it is all opened up in the back of the hangar right now, but it looks mechanically sound, if you're interested. Get Miss. Aero's # from AirNav. I'll be home on the 2nd.

If you are not or cannot fix yours maybe a good source of parts for theirs!!

Kevin the ames fly in is October 27th weekend. Hope to see you and Bill there.

Back