Merry Christmas everyone!

twdeckard

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
twdeckard
I really have enjoyed participating in the forum over the last year.

I even got to visit Gaston's with Lance, Ron and Rick.

Everyone have a joyous Holiday and a happy new year!

Ditto! To my Christian friends I hope you have a warm, joyous and peacful holiday!

*** Merry Christmas ***

Everyone be safe if you are traveling. This storm in the midwest is nothing to play with. Up to 40 MPH sustained winds, 12" of snow, 1/2" of ice underneath. There is always next year so don't let "getthereitis" get you into trouble. I know, I worry too much, nuf said.

*** Merry Christamas! ***

IIIIIIII Happy Hannucka!

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
*** Merry Christmas ***

Everyone be safe if you are traveling. This storm in the midwest is nothing to play with. Up to 50 MPH sustained winds, 12" of snow, 1/2" of ice underneath.
+1000
Especially to those of us who are relocating back here to the promised land.

Merry Christmas to all!!!

. . . . and the Best of Holidays to all faiths.

HR(presently in a holding pattern[on the ground], for a couple hours, but Reiff is cooking
and awaiting better ceilings. Winds currently at 7)

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.

Happy whatever-you-celebrate. It's a nice time of year.

This is a fun place to hang out, too.

Fly safely, everyone.

10:15 -- and off to the airport. The EAA member's plane is a Van's RV-9A which took him 3½ years to build. I'm looking forward to flying in it. Photos later.

HR

Ho, Ho, Ho, Meeeerrryyyy Christmas

Be careful out there, we had an ice storm last night and the storm is set to give us up to a 1/4" more ice today.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas :smile:

And remember: you're celebrating an event that took place 100 miles from where I live :D

All the best

Alon

Merry Christmas to all.......be safe in your travels!

My shopping is done, the house is ready for guests tomorrow, we have a family Christmas eve party to attend this evening but for now.............I think I will go pre-flight and get some flying in on this gorgeous day. Anyone around to catch up with DE, MD, NJ, PA

Updated at 4:51 PM GMT on December 24, 2009 (11:51 AM EST):

METAR KILG 241651Z 01006KT 10SM CLR 01/M07 A3041
KILG 241132Z 2412/2512 28006KT P6SM SKC FM241500 36006KT P6SM SCT250 FM242100 02005KT P6SM SCT250 FM250400 04004KT P6SM BKN015 OVC050

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Merry Something everybody.

And a special shout out to the Christian peeps out there...you know who you are....this one goes out to you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FRtBVYYMW4

Fantasia On Christmas Carols

Ralph Vaughan Williams

Baritone Solo:
"This is the truth sent from above
The truth of God, the god of love
Therefore don't turn me from your door
But hearken all both rich and poor

The first thing which I will relate
Is that God did man create
The next thing which to you I'll tell
Woman was made with man to dwell

Then after this was God's own choice
To place them both in paradise
There to remain from evil free
Except they ate of such a tree

And they did eat which was a sin
And thus their ruin did begin
Ruined themselves, both you and me
And all of their posterity

Choir:
Thus we were heirs to endless woes
Till God the Lord did interpose
And so a promise soon did run
That he would redeem us by his son
(That he would redeem us by his son)
By his son

Come all you worthy gentlemen that may be standing by
Christ our blessed saviour was born on Christmas day.
The blessed Virgin Mary unto the Lord did pray
Oh we wish you the comfort and tidings of joy

Christ our Blessed Saviour now in the manger lay
He's lying in the manger while oxen feed on hay

Baritone Solo:
On Christmas night all Christians sing to hear the news the angels bring
(News of great joy, news of great mirth. News of our merciful King's birth)
When Sin departs before thy grace then life and health come in it's place.

Angels and men with joy may sing
All for to see the newborn King
(All for to see the newborn King)

God bless the ruler of this house and long on may he reign
(From out of darkness we have light Which makes the angels sing this night)
Many happy Christmases he live to see again
(From out of darkness we have light Which makes the angels sing this night)

God bless our generation who live both far and near
(Glory to God and peace to men)
And we wish them a happy, a happy New Year
(Both now and evermore Amen)

God bless the ruler of this house and long on may he reign
Many happy Christmases he live to see again
God bless our generation who live both far and near
And we wish them a happy, a happy New Year

Oh we wish you a happy, a happy New Year.
(Both now and evermore. Amen)

Merry Something everybody.

And a special shout out to the Christian peeps out there...you know who you are....this one goes out to you:

Nothing says Merry Christmas like a cross dressing stripper video. :rolleyes: Nice.

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all from me, too!

Only ice here in Jacksonville is what's in my drink. :):drink:

My best wishes for a Merry Christmas to all. My family is mostly here (or we will see them tomorrow) but, as is probably the norm today, there were those who couldn't make it this year for logistical reasons ( daughter and hubs in Oregon tried twice to make it, both flights cancelled - based on other constraints we decided regretfully that it made sense for them to stay put.) But the love is here, reaching out to them. And to you guys, too. What a community this is!

See you in the air this Sunday and in 2010!

-Skip

*** Merry Christmas ***

Everyone be safe if you are traveling. This storm in the midwest is nothing to play with. Up to 40 MPH sustained winds, 12" of snow, 1/2" of ice underneath. There is always next year so don't let "getthereitis" get you into trouble. I know, I worry too much, nuf said.

*** Merry Christamas! ***

IIIIIIII Happy Hannucka!

Happy New Year!

I got out of town just in the nick of time (Tues AM) and am enjoying a relatively warm Christmas in Florida. I don't think I'd have made it if I waited until Wednesday per the original plan. Happy Holidays All!

Best wishes to all for the holidays and the coming new year! Here's to 2010! :drink:

May EVERYONE have a Joyous , peacefull holiday season. This has always been a time of peace and fellowship among men. The winter celebration predates our written history. May peace and love visit all of you. Dave

Merry Christmas to everyone from the dogs and me!

Attachments

• DSC_0754.JPG
    DSC_0754.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
And so here are some photos The WX had begun to clear when Tom arrived(first photo) from Auburn-Lewiston KLEW. We flew first in his RV-9A and went down and over historic Fort Popham and out over the ocean to circle and photograph Seguin Island/Seguin Lighthouse. The RV-9A is a beauty; fast, really good on slow flight, and with terrific visibility from the cockpit. However, the plexi canopy can be a problem re aerial photography. Does anyone know if a polarizing filter will resolve a reflection factor, or is the curvature of the canopy going to put a curse on a polarizer? We flew for about an hour.

After landing we switched to my plane which had been Reiff pre-heated and I'd put a ceramic heater on the copilot's foot space while we doing the first flight. My cockpit was
warm as toast when we entered my hangar. I flew Tom on about the same route we had done and also flew him over Boothbay Harbor so he could get some photos of it and
a few other places. During the second flight, and after, there was a lot more sun as is
evidenced by the latter three images. A fun day for both of us.

HR

Attachments

• Poa Muller_1.jpg
    Poa Muller_1.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PoA Muller_2.jpg
    PoA Muller_2.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 6
  • PoA Muller_3.jpg
    PoA Muller_3.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PoA Muller_4.jpg
    PoA Muller_4.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 6
You live a hundred miles away from Macy's in New York? :D:D

In my dreams...:yesnod:

Do you know why we are stuck in the Middle East?

That's because Moses was a stutterer...

When God asked him "where do you wish to take your people ?"

Moses answered: "Ca, Ca, Ca, Ca, Ca...."

God replied "Chanaan ? - OK - it's yours"

Moses later confessed he had meant CANADA...:D

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all, from sunny Mustang Island, Texas, where we're spending our Christmas holiday with our kids.

P of A has proven to be a wonderful respite from the rec.aviation cesspool -- thanks for taking so many of us newsgroup refugees into your "home"!

May we all enjoy a safe and prosperous 2010...

Ho, Ho, Ho, Meeeerrryyyy Christmas

Be careful out there, we had an ice storm last night and the storm is set to give us up to a 1/4" more ice today.

And Scott, the OAT here is about 41*F, so I don't expect ice accumulation until this evening, when the temp is expected to drop to the 20's, which is good, since we have to drive from the NW suburbs to the southern suburbs.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM SOUTHERN INDIANA

Ham is in the oven, potatoes are peeled, and the noodles are made. I believe it is a GO here. :D

And Scott, the OAT here is about 41*F, so I don't expect ice accumulation until this evening, when the temp is expected to drop to the 20's, which is good, since we have to drive from the NW suburbs to the southern suburbs.
We got a little more ice yesterday until it warmed up later in the day and then the rain started doing its job of melting stuff. 38F OAT up here near just south of the board, close enough to smell Wisconsin's dairy air! High of 40F predicted with snow later today and then the freeze. Hopefully still be able to drive to Indiana tomorrow. I would have liked to fly but with freezing rain, sleet, and snow still in the area I don't think that is a good option.

What a crappy week. I had hoped to be able to put some hours on the plane, but nothing even close to flyable weather.

Happy holidays from Nebraska!
No flying for me today!

Attachments

• IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Merry Christmas to all. Tiny Tim had it right; "God Bless Us Every One."

Merry Christmas from the icy... Oh wait, I'm in California. :D

Merry Christmas to me: I'm gonna go fly with Max Trescott tomorrow in a DA40. :)

Back