Memories...

Zeldman

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Billy
Mmmmmm boy...... anyone remember these great breakfast cereals.??

ruIRb-1457366645-2293-list_items-sugar_smacks.jpg

https://www.metv.com/lists/12-long-forgotten-cereals-of-the-1950s

I thought you were going to talk about computer memories. All those cereals were before my time.

Back in the day us poor folk got our washing powder and dishes at the same time:

iu

I was hoping the OP misspelled "mammaries."

Yep - and Sugar Pops and all the rest. My parents were not well off so those kinds of cereals were not part of our diet except on rare occasions. I remember my Mom buying generic cornflakes and wheat puffs with store names or the brand of all brands, “Western Family”.

I’m more of the Quisp & Quake generation.

Sort of related to this - just recently my kid was asking about what TV was like when I was her age... so I found this channel on youtube - 80sCommercialVault... didn't know how nostalgic I was for that time until we watched a few episodes.

Anybody remember Green Stamps? My grandmother and my Mom used to collect them all the time in their little books. When they had something like 10,000 stamps they could redeem them for merchandise. It was a an exciting day when they went to the store to get an item with their stamps.

But could you get an atomic submarine.?? :lol:

When I was a younger kid, all our drinking glasses came with grape jelly inside. Us kids must of had tons of grape jelly sandwiches for lunch over the years...

Yep. That’s how we got those really cool glasses with Peanuts cartoon characters on them.

In the D.C. area we had “Top Value” stamps.

I remember those "TV" stamps and taking trips to the stamp store. I was very young when my father made the mistake of letting me get a little snare drum ... :D

We lived just outside DC in Alexandria.

Back