Meet my new airplane!

Very nice! Good choice.
Suggest joining Grumman Pilots Association and signing up on Grumman Gang if you haven't already. I'm sure Ron has already herded you toward AYA.
A well regarded Grumman Guru for service is AuCountry Aviation, somewhere out there on the CA left coast.

Have fun!

Nice! 6pc will be along shortly to whine about not finding HIS Tiger yet! :(
Tigers tend to find their new owners rather than vice versa - this say something about 6PC?;)

Beautiful Tiger, congrats! I got my '77 Tiger about a year ago (a lot less avionics and much shabbier than yours, but it still flys great). Good luck, enjoy your new ride. :)

You're right....a ton of rudder authority is a wonderful thing. I haven't had more than maybe a 10-kt crosswind component with the RV-9A so far, but that was so easy it felt like cheating.

My buddy that got me flying years ago built an RV-8 (took 9 years standard build). He said a lot of the RV design was based on the Tiger (I'm not an RV guy yet, so not sure what he meant exactly - the tail feathers do look VERY similar - nice having a barn door for a rudder;)).

Never flown a Grumman but I've always admired how much plane you seem to get for your money! The cruise over 125 at like 9gph really is amazing. I love the design and it is on my wish list for "one day maybe I can afford it" planes!

Good luck with it and let us know how things go!

Back