Medical

bluffman2

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bluffman2
how far back do you need to dig back into your medical history if a AME request your info? This would be for a first time pilot

I know a few of you have seen my other post on the other threads and I know what to look forward to now to deal with that

how far back do you need to dig back into your medical history if a AME request your info?

Depends on the age of the applicant.

The questions on the form say, "Have you ever in your life..." so if the applicant is, for example, 35 years old, he needs to dig back 35 years.

Thanks for the quick replies. I got a few hospitals to contact.

Last hospital I was at closed, and has destroyed all patient records. They gave people a year to request records, or if not would destroy. Doubt many seen that before? Hospital is still closed,

how far back do you need to dig back into your medical history if a AME request your info?
Adding to the "Have You Ever In Your Life..." comment, this is where a consultation with a really good AME is worth its weight in many precious metals.

Depending on the condition requiring the additional scrutiny and documentation, the top shelf AME should be providing guidance of exactly what to obtain from the treating physicians and how many years do you need to go back. Then still in consultation mode, review what is gathered to evaluate if what is needed to move on to submission is there, or if another round of gathering is needed.

Yes, there is lots of information floating out on the Internet on what should accompany a medical certification submission, but heeding what Dr. Bruce's coffee mug says, the right AME and his/her guidance will get it done right the first time.

DD7768B3-4EDD-48FD-A83F-5D727187BB0D.png

list all ... your AME can quickly sort through them for newbies. I can advise prior to exam, or delete medically insignificant during the exam.

Adding to the "Have You Ever In Your Life..." comment, this is where a consultation with a really good AME is worth its weight in many precious metals.

Depending on the condition requiring the additional scrutiny and documentation, the top shelf AME should be providing guidance of exactly what to obtain from the treating physicians and how many years do you need to go back. Then still in consultation mode, review what is gathered to evaluate if what is needed to move on to submission is there, or if another round of gathering is needed.

Yes, there is lots of information floating out on the Internet on what should accompany a medical certification submission, but heeding what Dr. Bruce's coffee mug says, the right AME and his/her guidance will get it done right the first time.

View attachment 75732

Love love the mug. I need that for my K9 clients

I bought Bruce one of those mugs, but it turned out he'd already ordered one for himself.

Probably have them for lawyers, accountants, plumbers, electricians....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back