Medical Restriction

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Got my fresh Second Class today, I ended up with a restriction though. Must have glasses available for near vision.:sad: Getting old is Hell....

Have had the same restriction for a few years now.Love the big box store throw away glasses have a couple of sets on the airplane in case I forget.

I always have a pair hanging around my neck and I picked up a pair of Maui Jim bifocals a while back, haven't become fond of them yet.

Got my fresh Second Class today, I ended up with a restriction though. Must have glasses available for near vision.:sad: Getting old is Hell....

Welcome to the club... I have a bunch of cheaters from places like Boomers in the Know... http://www.boomersintheknow.com/

I can still count the feathers on an eagle at 2 miles, but give me a menu in a dimly lighted restaurant and I'm ordering Rocky Mountain Oysters...

Every medical I've ever had was complete with a restriction requiring glasses. Of course, I was 48 when I got my first medical. :D Don't worry, you'll survive this insult.

Every one I've had said "Holder must wear corrective lenses..." and I got the first one when I was 19.

Whiners. ;)

I was able to squint through the eye test for years. It was never a problem when the doc used a regular eye chart. I can't pass staring into one of those machines so ten years ago I got the restriction. A couple of years ago I stopped being able to get by at the DMV either.

Oddly, my bifocals pretty much just reverse my distance correction. I can pass the near vision test without my glasses.

I worked for a guy who was a United 747 Capt, he didn't like them, he had trifocals set for the FMS, the panel, and distance.
I like my progressives.

But, I've been wearing glasses since second grade. Don't expect any sympathy. ;)

My bi-focals had a 'crossover' point where near/far vision changed, so my friend the Doctor had me sit in my plane and measure the distance from my eyes to the instrument panel...he fitted me with tri-focals that had the panel crystal clear...still use them for that purpose.

My bi-focals had a 'crossover' point where near/far vision changed, so my friend the Doctor had me sit in my plane and measure the distance from my eyes to the instrument panel...he fitted me with tri-focals that had the panel crystal clear...still use them for that purpose.

I just had my eyes checked and specifically had the eye doctor check for the requirements of a 2 nd class. This was exactly the solution he recommended for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My Medical says 'Must wear corrective lenses for near and distant vision' and 'Must wear artifical limb' - as if I could walk out to the plane without my prosthetic leg on.

...Whiners ;^)

'Gimp

For what it's worth, I would wear lenses to correct my "color deficiences" if I could... LOL

I used to have to wear them for distant vision and then take them off to read the sectionals.

Then, I had cataracts and replaced my contacts (glasses were a royal pain) with intraocular implants. Now, all restrictions have been removed from my Medical. (That was also a benefit of getting older)

Lol, yeah, but on the up side my distance vision is still 20/15, a bit worse than it used to be but still acceptable.

Dime store optics will solve the chart problem. Did any of you out there consider a LASIK correction ? I have my "evaluation appointment tomorrow

It's an approach which may provide near 20/20 until you get to the "hang up the propeller" age stage.

Dale

Back