medical is on Tuesday.

korben88

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Troy
I had a few medical issues to clear up, but all should be good now and I hopefully will get my cert on Tuesday so I csn get back to training. ✈

Well, all finished. It went well, I ended up getting a deferral but my AME is confident that it will go through the fAA just fine and I should have my certification in a month.

Deferral for what condition?

Deferral for what condition?
I was on an SSRI (lexapro) for more than 6 months. But because I've been off it for more than 60 days, it doesn't require a special issuance, and should go through with no problems.

She said that if I had been on it for less than 6 months she could have just handed me my certificate.

Mmmmm.... I'm not an AME but you might want to double check with Dr. Bruce Chien on this one. More than 6 months might require additional steps and and documentation. Your AME might have put you in a bind here....

Dr. Bruce wrote the SSRI protocol so he is one of the final words on what's required for a smooth flight to certification.

Mmmmm.... I'm not an AME but you might want to double check with Dr. Bruce Chien on this one. More than 6 months might require additional steps and and documentation. Your AME might have put you in a bind here....

Dr. Bruce wrote the SSRI protocol so he is one of the final words on what's required for a smooth flight to certification.

Thanks for the sage advice, I did in fact have an email conversation with Dr. Chien. .

The additional steps that were required were a letter from my prescribing Dr. explaining the circumstances of my initial prescription and a statement that I wasn't having any ill side effects of being off the medication.

I should add that the original prognosis was "situational depression and anxiety" and not an ongoing or chronic condition.

Back