Medical after deferred approval

G

If I have a medical deferred for adjustment disorder. Then OKC approves it after deferral by local AME. Life is good for 12 months.

At my next medical, I’ll list it again but as PRNC. Would an AME defer again because of the history, or issue himself. Condition was initially approved my Faa without a SI.

Write "No changes from previous application" on the form. The AME should type out your medical.

No, you should be good for a few years. The AME submits a status update, but he's allowed to reissue "pending" Joklahoma city reviewing his decision.

Just a tip, go back to the same AME. I had a few things on a prior medical that AME #1 issued after me jumping some hoops and he told me to put PRNC the next time. I did, but for convenience, I went to a closer AME. He made me jump some of the same hoops again....

Kinda what I was thinking. Staying with same Ame should be ok, but he is 70 and when he retires I’m wondering what that will be like.

guess I’ll follow his referral for my next Ame or go AME shopping with consults before the medical and see who will do it without a deferral.

Theoretically, switching AMEs should not be a problem, but you may have some explaining to do. Make sure you keep copies of your record. I actually switched doctors from the incompetent stooge who caused me to have to get the SI to begin with to my current AME (who helped me get the FAA to finally remove it). I don't see what this SI is for, but a lot of them just involved a pretty normal reexam just to show that you've not regressed on anything.

Hmm. Seems to me like MedXpress does not like PRNC.
What makes you say that? This is from the instructions:

If information has been reported on a previous application for airman medical certificate and there has been no change in your condition, you may note “PREVIOUSLY REPORTED, NO CHANGE” in the EXPLANATIONS box.​

Or, are you just saying that, like me, MedXpress doesn't like mnemonics? :D

Hmm. I could have sworn my AME said that wasn’t allowed any more. He never mentioned it when I just put in the explanation. And I never looked at it that closely.

Yep, the "form" in medexpress says you can do it. The AME always has the option to inquire about PRNC and I think there may be guidance requiring them to do so now.

My wording was exactly the same all the time too after the first disclosure, the acronym or the full PRNC text. Nothing more and nothing less :D

If they approved you without SI, the letter that accompanied is an “eligibility” letter. Bring it with you to the new AME, he will need it to issue you.

If they approved you without SI, the letter that accompanied is an “eligibility” letter. Bring it with you to the new AME, he will need it to issue you.

Thank Dr B. I was told it was a warning letter. It states that if there is any change to my condition then I have to report it to the FAA and it referenced some FAR about flying with medical deficiency.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back