Mechanic's lien on humans?

This is "effing" rich!

Maybe the California counties of Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernadino, Riverside, and Ventura should send them a bill for all of their citizens that have been cared for in our local county hospitals...

People seem to forget that Mexico is a 3rd world country now listed as the second most dangerous behind Syria. And Americans traveling there have no rights at all.

Wow. Even in our veterinary hospital, we were not allowed to hold animals hostage for payment.

In my first year of law school my secured transactions prof told a story about a time when he was in practice and got a case where a hospital told a patient she couldn't leave until the bill was paid. "They had a bad case of the dumbs"was his comment.

When the wife and I were doing our heavy duty motorcycle touring we both had this policy. I had to use it when I totaled a bike in Memphis, TN. They paid my ambulance/doctor bill and then re-imbursed me for my flight home. They were ready to send a citation to get me, but I was up and walking around and still wanted to attend the festivities so I asked them if they'd just re-imburse me for my flight home and they said no problem. Plus I got re-imbursed for all my hotel and meal bills from my Hondaline policy.

"Sadly, we must foreclose on your unpaid spleen transplant; it will be removed and given to another recipient immediately. Please hold still for the anesthesia."

When the wife and I were doing our heavy duty motorcycle touring we both had this policy. I had to use it when I totaled a bike in Memphis, TN. They paid my ambulance/doctor bill and then re-imbursed me for my flight home. They were ready to send a citation to get me, but I was up and walking around and still wanted to attend the festivities so I asked them if they'd just re-imburse me for my flight home and they said no problem. Plus I got re-imbursed for all my hotel and meal bills from my Hondaline policy.
My parents, ages 75 and 80 are going back to Ireland next week and I made sure they had this type of coverage. Hopefully they won't need it, but my dad has had heart issues and as much as he loves his home country, it's not a good place to be stuck! ;)

Easy to forget what is not factual.
And speaking of factual, do we know this story even is? Has it been carried anywhere else? I tend to be skeptical of any Faux News story unless it is independently corroborated.

Either way, a lot of Americans take for granted the laws and living standard we have in the US, and can be surprised by what they see/experience elsewhere in the world.

In the Philippines you either have insurance, money or know someone before medical treatment.

My wifes aunt died from a broken hip because there was no insurance and no money to pay up front. She died after several weeks of constant pain. All they could do for her was give her aspirin.

Back