MEA along with high performance and complex?

Discussion in 'Pilot Training' started by Eric Lehto, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Eric Lehto

Eric Lehto Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Lombard
    So just day dreaming here. If I were gunning for my multi endorsement, would it hurt or hinder to go straight for the MEA, as opposed to getting my high performance and complex first?

2. EdFred

EdFred Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ed Frederick
    The multi-engine is not an endorsement it is a completely separate rating which entails a check ride with an examiner. But the chances are if you get your multi you will do it in a complex aircraft so you will at least be able to get that endorsement. Most twin trainers are not high performance so you will want to find somebody with a 182 or similar to get that endorsement.

DutchRoller likes this.
  3. Clip4

Clip4 En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cli4ord
    Assuming you train in a multi engine airplane with an engine more that 200 hp you can get the HP and complex, but most multi engine trainers only have 200 hp engines and not HP.

4. midlifeflyer

midlifeflyer Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    I don't see a "help or hinder" here since the HP and complex endorsements from a CFI are a different animal than a full practical test for the AMEL rating.

The complex in a single might be a small stepping stone to a twin, but if the goal is to use the multi rating, I don't see any real advantage to stopping along the way.