wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Compare these two stories on the same topic (airline flight delays):

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2007-02-07-airlines-usat_x.htm

and

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/07/AR2007020702298.html

In the McNews article, there is only one quote - from a spokesperson for the ATA - that blames solely the 'antiquated' ATC system for the delays (in other words, another swipe to try and get the public to want user fees).

In the WP article, the primary blame is placed on airlines, staffing, and weather, with incidental blame on the ATC system.

As someone who travels the airlines a lot, I can categorically state that weather and airline issues are the biggest causes of delay. After all, the ATC system didn't make that AA plane sit on the tarmac in Austin for 10 hours - nor did it cause my AA flight to be delayed this week (low tire pressure was the culpret there).

Side note: bet some of you never thought you might agree with the tone of a WP article... :D ;)

Which of the two newspapers is available at every major airline-served airport in the nation? Mustn't upset the passengers sitting at the gate by telling them it's the airlines' fault. Blame someone who is not in the room.

Amazing that I agree with the WP for once. Miracles do happen, now and then. Heck, there's even a case where I agree with the ACLU.

I don't subscribe to USAToday. I see it when traveling when it is delivered to my hotel room. Each time I read it I'm reminded of why I don't subscribe to it. A waste of paper and ink.

Which of the two newspapers is available at every major airline-served airport in the nation? Mustn't upset the passengers sitting at the gate by telling them it's the airlines' fault. Blame someone who is not in the room.
More to the point on this issue is, which of the two newspapers are read by virtually every member of congress? Particularly by the party currently wielding the gavels?

Jay

More to the point on this issue is, which of the two newspapers are read by virtually every member of congress? Particularly by the party currently wielding the gavels?

Jay

Don't even try that one. NYT maybe, the elementary school rag listed above, not a chance.

Back