Masters of the Air - Apple TV show

jallen0

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jallen0
This sounds very interesting. Here is the link to all the shows coming to Apple TV ( https://www.macworld.com/article/32...eries-news-actors-trailers-release-dates.html ) including:

Masters of the Air
What it’s about: A limited series about the bombers of World War II. It is something of a follow-up to the hit HBO series Band of Brothers. Nearly all of the content on Apple TV+, while original and exclusive, is produced by outside production companies and studios. But according to Variety, Apple is also building its own internal studio, named Masters, and this is its first project.

Important names: It will be written by one of Band of Brothers writers, John Orloff, with Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks once again on as executive producers. Several other producers and alumni of Band of Brothers will be involved with the project, too.

When you can watch: Masters of the Air does not yet have a release date, but as it has just been greenlit and has not entered full production, it is likely not coming soon.

Jeez, they’ve been trying to produce that thing for 7 years now. Get on with it already. This is turning into the “Raptor” of miniseries! :D

I am very excited for this. I know Hanks and Spielberg will give it their all and settle for nothing less than the best, which is probably why it has taken 7 years to get finished.

I had heard (just a rumor) that they were not happy with the CGI quality 7 years ago, and have been waiting for the technology to improve.

“The Pacific” is a series that follows Eugene Sledge and others with the first Marines, I think. My apologies if wrong. The pacific theatre version of BoB. It also follows the service of John Basalone in the pacific theatre. Every bit as good as BoB IMHO.

“The Pacific” is a series that follows Eugene Sledge and others with the first Marines, I think. My apologies if wrong. The pacific theatre version of BoB. It also follows the service of John Basalone in the pacific theatre. Every bit as good as BoB IMHO.

Bob Leckie, Eugene Sledge, and John Basilone. Loosely based on Leckies and Sledges respective books - "Helmet for my Pillow" and "With the old breed at Peleliu and Okinawa."

Highly recommend giving both a read. The brutality of the japanese was horrific and unrelenting.

Just a small point when you discuss the brutality of the Japanese in WW2. When they made plans to dominate Asia they knew they would need to control large populations if they succeeded. They carefully studied conquering nations and how they had controlled local populations in the past. They found a nation that was very successful in Asia and used that as their model. That country was the US in the Philippines.

General Jacob Hurd Smith (January 29, 1840 – March 1, 1918) was a United States Army officer notorious for ordering an indiscriminate retaliatory attack on a group of Filipinos during the Philippine–American War, in which American soldiers killed between 2,500 and 50,000 civilians.[2][3] His orders included, "kill everyone over the age of ten" and make the island "a howling wilderness."[4] Court-martialed for the incident,[2] he was dubbed "Hell Roaring Jake" Smith, "The Monster", and "Howling Jake" by the press as a result.[5]

The policies of Smith and others had widespread public support in the US.

Attachments

• EA1683E7-8ADB-4114-9CD3-1449AAF70864.jpeg
    EA1683E7-8ADB-4114-9CD3-1449AAF70864.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
"The Pacific" was a good series. I did not find it quite as compelling as BoB, but quite good nonetheless. Thanks for noting it.

Bob Leckie, Eugene Sledge, and John Basilone. Loosely based on Leckies and Sledges respective books - "Helmet for my Pillow" and "With the old breed at Peleliu and Okinawa."

Highly recommend giving both a read. The brutality of the japanese was horrific and unrelenting.

I've read both. Good books.

And I've got the "Masters of the Air" book. Haven't read it yet.

Back