Marvel Mystery Oil

I was dumpping a large quantity of oil into a drum one day. This was really old sludged oil. I was pouring it through a funnel. I could not get this oil to flow through this funnel.

I picked up a squirt bottle that had MMO in it. I dropped " ONE DROP " of MMO on top of the oil in the funnel.
That sludged oil started flowing like I warmed it up. It flowed very very fast. I just put one drop in it. I stood there shocked.

I let the funnel go empty and poured more of this sludged oil back into the funnel. It plugged up again and barely flowed through this funnel. I again put one drop right on top of the oil in the funnel and it went right down. Made that "tornado" look as it went down, that is how fast this oil flowed.

I dumped about 30 gallons of this oil into this drum doing it this way. Every time I put that sludged oil into that funnel, I just stood there waiting and waiting.

Put one drop of MMO and it went right down. I just stood there looking at that MMO bottle wondering....Why is this doing this, its only one drop on top of all that sludged oil.

I was dumpping a large quantity of oil into a drum one day. This was really old sludged oil. I was pouring it through a funnel. I could not get this oil to flow through this funnel.

I picked up a squirt bottle that had MMO in it. I dropped " ONE DROP " of MMO on top of the oil in the funnel.
That sludged oil started flowing like I warmed it up. It flowed very very fast. I just put one drop in it. I stood there shocked.

I let the funnel go empty and poured more of this sludged oil back into the funnel. It plugged up again and barely flowed through this funnel. I again put one drop right on top of the oil in the funnel and it went right down. Made that "tornado" look as it went down, that is how fast this oil flowed.

I dumped about 30 gallons of this oil into this drum doing it this way. Every time I put that sludged oil into that funnel, I just stood there waiting and waiting.

Put one drop of MMO and it went right down. I just stood there looking at that MMO bottle wondering....Why is this doing this, its only one drop on top of all that sludged oil.

Hmmmm...the Mystery in Marvel Mystery Oil, or the Marvel?

I gargle with it every night before bed !

Yeah? You put it on the envelopes for your fiance didn't you?

With regards to MMO, do you really want to lower the viscosity of your oil to a point that you have no ideas what it is, and well below the manufacture's specifications?

Yeah? You put it on the envelopes for your fiance didn't you?

With regards to MMO, do you really want to lower the viscosity of your oil to a point that you have no ideas what it is, and well below the manufacture's specifications?

No different than the hokey dietary supplements, homeopathics and other snake oils some people swear by. :rolleyes:

Magic potions always make big money for marketers.

The idea of top cylinder lubrication makes sense, but my gut feeling is that by the time you total up the cost of an engine lifetime of MMO purchased to add to the fuel and calculate how much you saved by reducing wear and extending your next overhaul, you're probably just breaking even if that.

take video next time

MMO has some observably unique properties of drawing towards tension.

take video next time

When I did this back in the early 80's video camera's were not everywhere like today.

At that time, Who would have thought someone would want to watch me pour oil into a used oil drum. Like watching a cow take a crap, who wants to see it.

Back