Many shots fired, I'm getting down.

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
My dog and I are hunkered down right now, in my living room, the central room with the most rooms/walls around it.

A series of shots and screams just broke out just outside my apartment. No police yet.

And the shots haven't stopped yet.

And a bullet enters my living room.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 308
I have video running right now. If I can get anything that will help authorities, I'll give it to them. Problem is that I don't want to get too close to the windows to see out. Mostly just recording audio right now, everything seems to have calmed down, and there are police outside right now. They announced over a loudspeaker to stay inside.

Might stay inside for a few days...sitting on the toilet so to speak cleaning up the mess.......bullet holes suddenly appearing in the living room wall might cause a sensory overload for me.

SkyHog said:
My dog and I are hunkered down right now, in my living room, the central room with the most rooms/walls around it.

A series of shots and screams just broke out just outside my apartment. No police yet.

Good god, nick! Be safe and start packing. Tell Piper I say hello and hope all turns out okay.

Jason

Nick,

I'd be breaking that lease and moving somewhere safer.

JMHO.

Glad you're OK.

bill

Nick. Please get the hell out of there.

Remind me not to stay with you in Albuquerque.. I sure hope that's some cheap rent.

Btw....Move.

Geez, Nick, the next tiem this happens put down the keyboard and teh camera and take Piper and both of you get into the bathtub. :hairraise:

(I saw that on The Wire.)

You wuss, They are probably just playing around. I always shoot at my friends when they come over :)

Nick, move your ass out of there while it only has one hole in it! NOW! You've got more airports to fly to, and you can't do that if you're grounded for medical reasons!

Good grief, Nick, I am glad you are OK enough to tell us that you're OK. Stay safe and please move soon. Sending safe thoughts.

gprellwitz said:
Nick, move your ass out of there while it only has one hole in it! NOW! You've got more airports to fly to, and you can't do that if you're grounded for medical reasons!

I'm pretty sure a bullet through the brain is disqualifying for a class III medical. I'd be calling around for a new place to live while I was holed up in the bathtub.

Thanks guys. My apartment is now part of a police zone because of the bullet hole. I guess the bullet is still in the wall (good thing, because on the other side is a little girl's bedroom, I understand). Police have told me to not take pictures, unfortunately, so I'll have to wait. I'm getting out of here as soon as possible, go up to my parents house for dinner.

I'm surprised that scared me as much as it did. I always thought I'd be a bit more manly than that, but whatever. I had my gun, my dog and myself in an area that reduced the possible damage should any more stray bullets come by. I guess it was a little tiff between a group of Mexicans and a group of Black people (not passing judgment, just saying what I overheard the cops talking about).

Good news is that since I didn't really see anything, I shouldn't have to worry too much about aftermath. The cops didn't have much use for my statement of "I heard shots, screams, and I got on the ground."

I guess everyone's dead that was involved too. The local news never even came by. Guess that's a sign of the state of this ******ned city.

WOW! You do need to be outa there! Getting shot at (even inadvertantly) will change your viewpoint toward life pretty quick.

Gary

Nick,

We now know what "the writing on the wall" means (or, "the hole in the wall"). Get out of there, bud. Can't wait to see the pictures of your new place.

SkyHog said:
The cops didn't have much use for my statement of "I heard shots, screams, and I got on the ground."
Tell them you're a pilot and fly a small low wing Cessna airplane with only one engine and not on a flight plan. That will get their attention.

SkyHog said:

Bummer, Nick. I'd suggest after it's over to move your butt somewhere else. I've been shot at (in RVN) more times than I care to think about. It sucks.

SkyHog said:
I'm surprised that scared me as much as it did. I always thought I'd be a bit more manly than that, but whatever.

id say that with stray bullets flying, you made the right decision. would be awfully foolish to do the "manly" and catch a stray one. Move to your parents, Arizona, Minnesota, or Iowa, wherever, but anywhere but there!

Now this is ironic. Nick leaves the board for a few weeks because its getting a bit tough here. Yet he is still in an apartment that is a bullet magnet :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Get the hell to Havasu NOW Glad you and dog are safe

Nick,

You left New England for this?!?! It may get cold, but at least I'm not getting @#$#@ shot at!

Come back to Boston. Beers on me.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'm glad that you and Piper are OK. That's no way to live Nick. For your sake and for Piper's sake, you need to get the hell out of Dodge!

Bullets with "to who it may concern" on them are bad news. I am planning my "I'm going to live here forever" house right now and its going to have 6" thick concrete walls with 2.5" of styrofoam on each side to keep outside things outside (tornados, bullets, cars etc...)

JRitt said:
Bullets with "to who it may concern" on them are bad news. I am planning my "I'm going to live here forever" house right now and its going to have 6" thick concrete walls with 2.5" of styrofoam on each side to keep outside things outside (tornados, bullets, cars etc...)

But what if the tornado knocked on the door?

Yeah, Nick, I'd let the landlord know that bullets entering your living quarters is quite a valid reason to break the lease.

Wow...

I thought that Israel was a dangerous place...apparently I was wrong !

What is happening to this world ?

Back