Manifold Pressure Source for O-200?

farmrjohn

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
farmrjohn
Anyone know the part number and/or source for a barbed manifold hose fitting for the intake? I'm thinking about putting on a Shurefly e-mag and for full functionality it needs manifold pressure via 1/8" hose. This would fit in place of the #2024 plug that is there (item 17 in diagram).
Manifold Plug.jpg

Assuming the plug is 1/8 MPT, you just need a brass MPT-to-barbed adapter. Standard part, available from McMaster Carr or the aviation section of Ace Hardware.

Assuming the plug is 1/8 MPT, you just need a brass MPT-to-barbed adapter. Standard part, available from McMaster Carr or the aviation section of Ace Hardware.

Unless it's certified then it's likely a $175.00 Cezzna part ... :rofl:

From what I can determine the thread size is 1/8NPT on the plug #17 but don't know for sure. Any confirmation from the collective mind?
I wouldn't use a barb fitting. Look at an AN844 or similar and clamp the hose. Spruce has the fittings but there are better AN prices from race shops.
I had seen those at Spruce, but the smallest is for a 1/4" ID hose and Surefly is calling for a 1/8" ID. I checked at Summit Racing and I didn't find anything for 1/8" ID hose. Would this part from McMaster-Carr work since it's a NPTF thread vs. NPT?

fitting

Does anyone know what's been used on O-200s that have manifold pressure gauges?

From what I can determine the thread size is 1/8NPT on the plug #17 but don't know for sure. Any confirmation from the collective mind?
It's 1/8" NPT. There is a port on each side, and one will have the primer nozzle in it.

Would this part from McMaster-Carr work since it's a NPTF thread vs. NPT?
Any fitting that meets a standard like SAE or ASTM is legit to use on TC aircraft that fits your requirements. And you can use an NPTF fitting in place of an NPT fitting but not the reverse if it calls specifically for a NPTF fitting.

Last edited:
The nptf has fine threads.

I had seen those at Spruce, but the smallest is for a 1/4" ID hose and Surefly is calling for a 1/8" ID. I checked at Summit Racing and I didn't find anything for 1/8" ID hose. Would this part from McMaster-Carr work since it's a NPTF thread vs. NPT?

fitting

Does anyone know what's been used on O-200s that have manifold pressure gauges?
You will not find this part in Spruce or any other aircraft supply. I ended up going down the street to the local Ace Hardware and aircraft part store and buying a brass one. I talked to Surefly about and they replied with a ‘Yep’ not optimal from a certified Aircraft paperwork point of view, but it has worked for the last three years.

For those wanting the tldr; on NPT vs NPTF (from previous article):

NPT (National Pipe Taper) is a general-purpose tapered pipe thread, and NPTF (National Pipe Taper Fuel) is a dryseal tapered pipe thread. Visually, NPT and NPTF pipe threads look identical. Both thread types rely on thread interference for tight, robust connections. This thread interference is made possible primarily by their tapered design.

The two thread standards differ in how they create leakproof seals. Both require proper installation but leakproof NPT connections require the appropriate use of thread sealants. Correctly assembling NPTF connections create leakproof seals without the use of a sealant.

Back