Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
It speaks to me in SO many ways....

ad2.jpg

She looks a lot like my mother!

But MY mother never burned dinner :no:

I LOVE it! LOL

These days, I suspect the woman wouldn't be crying, she'd be saying "you're taking me out for dinner..." :wink2:

These days, I suspect the woman wouldn't be crying, she'd be saying "you're taking me out for dinner..." :wink2:
Or it would be the guy doing the cooking, pulling the food out of the microwave... :wink2:

:D:D:D

attachment.php

:wink2::wink2::rolleyes:

Attachments

• image015.jpg
    image015.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I think I'll refrain from showing this thread to my wife. Call me a chicken, but sometimes (rarely) I know when to keep my mouth shut. :D

If I remember correctly Schlitz and E&B were the cheapest beers in the store. Even PBR was a step up.

Schlitz was horrible. Too thin, too green... just horrible. Even Rheingold was a step up, and Rheingold was pretty awful.

-Rich

Why is everyone saying was? Its still around, at least in NM.

And its nasty. But cheap! PBR and Schlitz are for the po' folk that wanna get crunk. That and 40s.

My buddies softball team has a full sponsorship from Schlitz. Jerseys, $10k in expense money, and a crap-ton of free beer.

Schlitz used to be a premium beer, marketed on par with Bud & Miller. THen, they decided to cheap-down its formula (this'd be the late 70s or so), and to their shock and dismay, the beer-drinkers *did*notice.

a premium beer, marketed on par with Bud & Miller.
Okay, so you're saying that they are marketed as premium beers, not that they are premium beers. Whew. You had me worried for a moment there! :D

Why is everyone saying was? Its still around, at least in NM.

And its nasty. But cheap! PBR and Schlitz are for the po' folk that wanna get crunk. That and 40s.
They are talking about the original Schlitz. That was brewed in Milwaukee by the Josef A. Schiltz brewing company.

As was mentioned in this thread, in the 1970s Schlitz was reformulated (cheapened) and the company went out of business. In the deals that followed the real formula was lost and not part of any sale.

Some retro beer artists did a lot of research and interviews with old brewers and employees of Schlitz and believe that they now are making the original formula Schlitz beer.
It is now basically brewed by the Stroh's Brewery.

http://www.schlitzbeer.com/Home.aspx

Okay, so you're saying that they are marketed as premium beers, not that they are premium beers. Whew. You had me worried for a moment there! :D
No, he's saying that it was a premium beer through the 60s. During that time, I preferred it to Bud.

I can't drink Bud, Miller, or Coors.

Ad is funny. Although I've been known to cook stuff that even the dogs don't want.

They are talking about the original Schlitz. That was brewed in Milwaukee by the Josef A. Schiltz brewing company.

As was mentioned in this thread, in the 1970s Schlitz was reformulated (cheapened) and the company went out of business. In the deals that followed the real formula was lost and not part of any sale.

Some retro beer artists did a lot of research and interviews with old brewers and employees of Schlitz and believe that they now are making the original formula Schlitz beer.
It is now basically brewed by the Stroh's Brewery.

http://www.schlitzbeer.com/Home.aspx
They are probably close...did they use the Schlitz yeast cultures? The yeast used can play a role in the flavor of beer, bread, wine, etc.

I remember the tagline "When you're out of Schlitz, you're out of beer."
Probably because Schlitz was the LAST beer in the cooler to be drunk.....

Don't mess with his coffee, either.

Attachments

• Spanking-Wife-Coffee.jpg
    Spanking-Wife-Coffee.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 49
Remember the Schlitz challenge they used to have during NFL halftime shows? Blind tastings of Schlitz vs Bud, or Miller, or PBR.... They had some guy in a referee uniform running things. This would have been in the mid/late 70s.

Schlitz has re-introdiced their "60's formula" beers, including the "Tall Boy". The can even says "Classic 60's Formula".

Now if Ford would only bring back the Edsel, and Chevy the Vega.

Attachments

• Tallboy.bmp
    434.6 KB · Views: 3
I just love the misogynistic ads of days gone by... the world has become way too PC for my liking.

Back