Maintenance Manuals & Avionics

Prcpilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
PRCpilot
I just boutght a Cessna 182D and am trying to locate a set of mainteance manual and parts manual for 1961 vintage. If anyone can point me in a direction for PDF versions, it would be fantastic.

Also, I have a very well equipped panel with a KX155. The only problem so far is when the radio is not transmitting or recieving, it is gets a lot of feedback. Is this something that I can get fixed by adjusting squelch or do you think the shop will have to totally open it up for God knows what? And yes, the knob is pushed in.

I just boutght a Cessna 182D and am trying to locate a set of mainteance manual and parts manual for 1961 vintage. If anyone can point me in a direction for PDF versions, it would be fantastic.

Also, I have a very well equipped panel with a KX155. The only problem so far is when the radio is not transmitting or recieving, it is gets a lot of feedback. Is this something that I can get fixed by adjusting squelch or do you think the shop will have to totally open it up for God knows what? And yes, the knob is pushed in.

Feedback or static? (Feedback is a squeal) If it's just static, you should be able to turn up the squelch until it goes away.

Feedback or static? (Feedback is a squeal) If it's just static, you should be able to turn up the squelch until it goes away.

Correction: Static. On the 155, is the squelch on the back of the unit? I can not find one for the life of me in the front

Feedback? When?

I've had more than one KX155 equipped airplane breaking squelch and picking up static & trash over Lincoln Nebraska because the ELT was bad and no ammount of squelch tweaking will solve it.

If IRRC the 1961 Cessna 182 would be covered under the "100 Series Service Manual", so toss that into google.

It used to be easy to find pdf manuals online but nowadays, although a search will bring up many links, you usually get drawn into a quagmire of web advertisement sites with multiple DOWNLOAD buttons that will install half a dozen worthless web browser toolbars and other junk you don't want.

So be careful.

It used to be easy to find pdf manuals online but nowadays, although a search will bring up many links, you usually get drawn into a quagmire of web advertisement sites with multiple DOWNLOAD buttons that will install half a dozen worthless web browser toolbars and other junk you don't want.

So be careful.

Add filetype:pdf at the beginning or end of your search terms and most of those sites disappear.

Could you expound on this? I learn something new every day.

Jim

Google has certain keywords that you can use to help limit the results of your search to certain things, thereby avoiding the download traps mentioned earlier. By using filetype:pdf the results are narrowed to display only .pdf files as the result, same with filetype:doc will return only Microsoft Word documents.

For more examples and keywords, go here http://www.googleguide.com/using_advanced_operators.html

Steve

Add filetype:pdf at the beginning or end of your search terms and most of those sites disappear.

Thanks Steve, I just tried it out - that is the tip of the month! :yes:

Back