Made the POTW slide show

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Last week I submitted a photo of the biplane that landed here a few weeks ago and made the AVweb slide show this week. I keep submitting photos and only come in second or make the slide show on their home page. It would be nice to come in first at least once so I can win a ball cap for Tom.

Attachments

• SE-5 1 (1077 x 808).jpg
    SE-5 1 (1077 x 808).jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 146
That is a great photograh. It's a #1 to me. Sorry I don't have any ball caps to send you.

That is a great photograh. It's a #1 to me.
What a nice thing to say. Thank you! :) This was my favorite of some of the other photos that I posted of the airplane in another thread here. It has a kind of dreamy (that's not the word I'm trying to think of, but it's close) quality to it.

Nice photo. Did you get a ride in the Bi Plane?

Edit: Never mind I see is only a single seater.

Last week I submitted a photo of the biplane that landed here a few weeks ago and made the AVweb slide show this week. I keep submitting photos and only come in second or make the slide show on their home page. It would be nice to come in first at least once so I can win a ball cap for Tom.

If you want POTW you have to have a sunset with an airplane in it.

</cynic>

But headsets suit you just fine. :D
We ALL look good in our headsets. Our hair might not look good afterwords, though. :D

If you want POTW you have to have a sunset with an airplane in it.

</cynic>
Well, you have a good point! I have a photo of the sun setting in my spinner with the moon rising on top of the spinner. Maybe THAT one will make it. ;)

Well, I made it into the top five this week, but still no hat. :no:

Attachments

• Biplane on a stormy day (1632 x 1224).jpg
    Biplane on a stormy day (1632 x 1224).jpg
    317 KB · Views: 29
Diana Rulez!

The SE5a came back on Tuesday on it's way back to Tulsa, so we shot some video of them starting it, and the take-off. Here is a little video I made:

Diana:

Just seeing your place, the pictures and videos, brings a very agreeable calm to the soul.

Fantastic. No wonder you don't want to move, despite the weather, spiders and snakes.

Any background info on the plane? Is it one of those Aerodrome reproduction kits? Cannot possibly be an honest-to-Pete original.

Diana:

Just seeing your place, the pictures and videos, brings a very agreeable calm to the soul.
Spike, I love how you see the world. And something tells me you could use some agreeable calm about now. :) We still hope you'll make it to the farm someday. We've had a Bo land here before. :yes:

Fantastic. No wonder you don't want to move, despite the weather, spiders and snakes.
Well, we haven't had a snake in the house since last fall! :fcross: And the weather is so nice, we don't even want to move at the moment. :D

Any background info on the plane? Is it one of those Aerodrome reproduction kits? Cannot possibly be an honest-to-Pete original.

If you get EAA's Sport Aviation magazine, you can see an article they did about this airplane in the August 2010 issue.

Here is a link about it's arrival to OSH. It was featured at OSH at the Aeroshell Square.

Jack used some original parts (wheels, compass, airspeed indicator, tach, windshield frame, Vickers machine gun and carburetor), but otherwise built it from scratch. The wood he used was from his family's timberland and sawmill in Arkansas. He used original drawings from the Royal Aircraft Factory.

It's considered to be a replica. Does that answer your question?

Very nice video.
Thank you. :) Tom shot the video. I wish he would have been here when the airplane landed. :D The pilot did a go-around the first time when he ran out of runway landing to the north. He had a hard time seeing the oak trees on short final and made a high final to avoid the trees. The wind was right down that runway that day.

More left Rudder!

:) It's interesting how they start that Hisso engine...and kind of a pain, too. You almost need a crew with you when you travel in that airplane. Plus, it doesn't have any brakes.

It's a (Replicraft) plans-built job, with some original parts and many owner-fabricated parts (including tricky stuff like the engine cooling shutters for the Hisso). I haven't seen it myself, but it's supposedly built to period factory specs, and the photos and video (thanks, Diana!) are impressive. He built most of it in a small shed in his backyard.

I love how he describes the process: "Building the S.E.5a is simple, if you just build one part at a time..." :D

Just magnificent, and it's for sale (or already sold?).

Sport Aviation article (page 30):

http://www.sportaviationonline.org/sportaviation/201008?pg=5#pg5

Thanks Diana, Tom did a great job with the video... unlike that last joker you tried to use :D:thumbsup:

It's a (Replicraft) plans-built job, with some original parts and many owner-fabricated parts (including tricky stuff like the engine cooling shutters for the Hisso). I haven't seen it myself, but it's supposedly built to period factory specs, and the photos and video (thanks, Diana!) are impressive. He built most of it in a small shed in his backyard.

I love how he describes the process: "Building the S.E.5a is simple, if you just build one part at a time..." :D

Just magnificent, and it's for sale (or already sold?).

Sport Aviation article (page 30):

http://www.sportaviationonline.org/sportaviation/201008?pg=5#pg5
Thanks for the link...I was trying to figure out how to find that. :)

It's still for sale.

Thanks Diana, Tom did a great job with the video... unlike that last joker you tried to use :D:thumbsup:
Well, we figured out what happened. Tom had accidentally pushed a button on the side of the camera before he gave it to you, and all the shots are ultra bright. Although, you got some good footage. :yes: That's why I didn't make a video of the fly-in. Besides, it would be hard to capture the essence of just how hot it really was that weekend. :D

Wow. Great photos. You bring mucho class with those shots. THANK YOU!

Wow. Great photos. You bring mucho class with those shots. THANK YOU!
What a nice thing to say...thank you. :)

This week the photo that I submitted to AVweb came in second. First place is still elusive. Time to take a photo of an airplane at sunset, I guess. :D

Attachments

• Cockpit (1632 x 1224).jpg
    Cockpit (1632 x 1224).jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 16
I keep trying to get a photo on but I keep getting beat out by some gal from Missouri....:D

Congratulations!

I keep trying to get a photo on but I keep getting beat out by some gal from Missouri....:D
:D Maybe we should start a thread here of photos that we submitted that didn't make it. At least they would be great photos to share. :yes:

Congratulations!
Thanks! :)

They messed up the narrative that I sent with the photo, but maybe no one will notice. :D

Back