Made my first bucks as a Commercial Pilot!

jordane93

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jordan
I passed my checkride about a month ago and got an on demand type aerial photography job and went up today and made some money doing what I love! We did only 0.5 on the hobbs but I get paid minimum for one hour and I get free flight time so its really cool. I also did my first landing from the right seat. We flew a C-150 out of FRG today.

My first check from flying was $500. I have it posted up in the living room.

Easiest $500 I've ever made.

It's nice to go up and fly and land with more money in your pocket than you did taking off. IRS thanks you as well.

Sweet! Now the trick is to make enough to live on! ;)

Congrats!
don't be passive, go out and recruit some more students for yourself outside of the normal flight school assignments. Help build a community of students, turn your clients into your marketing department. you will have more students than you can shake a stick at soon enough...
best of luck!!!

Very cool. :thumbsup: The FAA only let's me fly for private, money devouring enjoyment. Hope to change that someday.

I passed my checkride about a month ago and got an on demand type aerial photography job and went up today and made some money doing what I love! We did only 0.5 on the hobbs but I get paid minimum for one hour and I get free flight time so its really cool. I also did my first landing from the right seat. We flew a C-150 out of FRG today.

Funny. The first money I made flying was a random aerial photography job too. It feels like a lot at first, but that'll wear off soon enough ;) Congrats though! It's nice to see the money go the other way after paying for all of the time it took to get to the point you're at.

It's nice to see the money go the other way after paying for all of the time it took to get to the point you're at.
Definitely nice to see the money go the other way. It was weird. I'm usually the one paying at the end of the flight!

Congrats on getting a check from flying........jogged my memory back to my sons first paid trip, it was a half hour scenic ride with a couple out of CCB (Cable Airport) back in the 90's......he was excited as could be.......now of course he's left seat in a 737 and not making enough.........lol.........

Congrats on getting a check from flying........jogged my memory back to my sons first paid trip, it was a half hour scenic ride with a couple out of CCB (Cable Airport) back in the 90's......he was excited as could be.......now of course he's left seat in a 737 and not making enough.........lol.........

Funny how that works..:lol::lol::lol:

I remember getting my first flying paycheck that had a comma in the numbers.

By paycheck I mean working for someone else, not working my own company.

Funny how that works..:lol::lol::lol:

I remember getting my first flying paycheck that had a comma in the numbers.

By paycheck I mean working for someone else, not working my own company.

When the pay checks get comma's that means it's time to upgrade from Ramen to Campbell's Chicken Noodle.

Congrats!

Back