Lycoming long dimensions

hifly

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hifly
Does anyone know of dimensioned drawings of a "long block" Lycoming O320-E2D, and a dimensioned drawing of an O360-A1A. In particular I'm looking for the dimension from the engine mount to the propeller flange.

Thanks Bell206. I found side view drawings. Overall configuration is similar, but I'm puzzling over the "long block" terminology used for the O-320 E2D. Any idea?

long block has a meaning in car engines that has nothing to do to with length. Rather it’s how much stuff comes with the engine when you buy it. A long block has things like starter and alternator that doesn’t come with a short block. No idea if that’s what Lycoming means in this case.

I thought a long block means it has heads where as a short block is just the block. It is fully dressed with accessories bolted on.
That is car and truck talk.

I thought a long block means it has heads where as a short block is just the block. It is fully dressed with accessories bolted on.
That is car and truck talk.
Pretty tuff to remove the heads and retain the cylinders on a Lycoming.

but I'm puzzling over the "long block" terminology used for the O-320 E2D. Any idea?
No idea. Can't say I've ever heard that terminology used before. Why not email Lycoming tech support?

Back