Lycoming engine prices.

Jeff767

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff767
Lycoming is raising engine prices 13% effective at midnight tonight. If you had thoughts of a engine purchase the order needs to go in today.

Price of EVERYTHING with metals has been going up in all industries. Price increase for a lot of companies on July 1.

Not inflation. It's supply side price manipulation. Metals prices have gone up 50% since Dec 31.

Maybe, probably very likely, but the end result is always the same. It always starts with oil, unsurprisingly.

Maybe, probably very likely, but the end result is always the same. It always starts with oil, unsurprisingly.
This started with the mines realizing they could shut down ops, sell less, and make make more money. I'll let you guess who controls them.

This started with the mines realizing they could shut down ops, sell less, and make make more money. I'll let you guess who controls them.

The problem with that mentality is that money becomes worth less (worthless?). The good part of it is that others look to get into what ever business and it becomes less of a cabal.

The problem with that mentality is that money becomes worth less (worthless?). The good part of it is that others look to get into what ever business and it becomes less of a cabal.

Unfortunately, mines aren't easily started like, say a, bakery.

Two of my primary vendors provide steel products and both announced 15% price increases were coming on July 1 a month ago. Lead times are crazy long, too. If motors were made of wood you guys would have more to complain about.

Inflation is not a problem.

A new meaning for a rising tide lifting all boats.

I'm not worried because airplane prices are going to come down again.

With a new IO-320 reaching over 55k it really makes the Rotax 915 look like a real bargain at just 42k.

Edit: I see you can get a new experimental IO-320 for what will be around 35k after the price increase so not as bad as I thought.

They won't drop much unless there's a recession, which makes (or forces) buyers to think twice about buying.

Sorry

Lycoming just has to switch to the new "all wood" design.

Those are only usable in Alaska.

True story: sometimes at the factory there would be engines that came back from Alaska with wood shoved in various places to stop oil leaks.

Have you been to Home Depot and tried to buy wire lately? 50' of three wire 14 g Romex was $80!! YIKES!!! Luckily I had enough of that left over in my "left over" box that I could use instead.

Lycoming just has to switch to the new "all wood" design
..you speak in jest however may I introduce our friends at Garage 54

they also built wooden connecting rods, etc.

also.. because Russia

Back