Lycoming accessory case mod

FORANE

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
FORANE
Does anyone know who can convert the accessory case in the first pic to the oil pickup style like in the second pic (inside)? The first one is off a Titan o-340, the older one is a o-320.
When I called Divco, they guy I spoke with said he had never done that mod. Divco currently has the second accessory case and is doing a one piece cam gear mod on it. Not as fast as I would like...

rsz_img_20200808_081809.jpg rsz_img_20200808_081818.jpg

I'd expect that any competent machine shop should be able to make the alterations needed. Have any shops in your area you could inquire with?

I'd expect that any competent machine shop should be able to make the alterations needed. Have any shops in your area you could inquire with?
Might try that. Maybe should have just done that to begin with...

I could do that in my garage. Not a big deal. The threaded bolt holes look pretty shallow so a plug tap would be needed. The original bottom port would be tapped for whatever pipe plug would fit it, or a plug machined with an O-ring groove to slide into it. The bore would need a bit of countersink and the plug a matching shoulder to keep it in place.

Only for E-AB, of course.

I could do that in my garage. Not a big deal. The threaded bolt holes look pretty shallow so a plug tap would be needed. The original bottom port would be tapped for whatever pipe plug would fit it, or a plug machined with an O-ring groove to slide into it. The bore would need a bit of countersink and the plug a matching shoulder to keep it in place.

Only for E-AB, of course.
Which is a major modification, required either a STC or field approval.

Yes, it's experimental.

Back