Luscombe Adventures

Jay, watching part 27 now.... noticed something interesting on the taxiway at del rio.... was that there, or added in post?

Still really enjoying it BTW. How low were you flying? It looks like just a hundred feet or so most of the time.

Jay, watching part 27 now.... noticed something interesting on the taxiway at del rio.... was that there, or added in post?

Hi, Jim. I'm glad you're still watching and enjoying the videos. I got the idea for adding "Easter eggs" starting in episode #24 (landing at Laredo) and have done it since then. We'll see how it goes. I'm having fun with it for now. The fact that you had to ask if it was there or was something I added makes me happy. It means I did a halfway decent job with the editing.

And yes. I've gotten down to probably 100' or less quite a lot. In the Luscombe, even that still doesn't feel real fast.

Hi, Jim. I'm glad you're still watching and enjoying the videos. I got the idea for adding "Easter eggs" starting in episode #24 (landing at Laredo) and have done it since then. We'll see how it goes. I'm having fun with it for now. The fact that you had to ask if it was there or was something I added makes me happy. It means I did a halfway decent job with the editing.

And yes. I've gotten down to probably 100' or less quite a lot. In the Luscombe, even that still doesn't feel real fast.
haha...I had to go back and watch it twice. It looks painted on. I thought.....no way that's painted on the taxiway.....but then it is Texas.....

Some of the low flying makes me nervous just to watch....especially when you started encountering wires. Did I mention my flatlander anxiety? lol

Some of the low flying makes me nervous just to watch....especially when you started encountering wires. Did I mention my flatlander anxiety? lol

That trip was really great experience. I was getting quite confident towards the end, and then I came really close to flying into some wires just before I got home. If you read the real-time blog posts, you might remember that. Big dose of reality. This past year, I had another great trip. I flew the entire Missouri River (longest river in North America). I flew over LOTS of wires and got pretty good at identifying them, even without visibility markers. I don't think I had any close calls on that trip. Gotta stay vigilant, though!

At least I'm glad the videos are giving you some excitement! :D

Just watched all of the MX border series.
Congratulations!

The videos brought back many memories from my childhood when we used to go hunting with my dad on properties that were near the river or go to visit Laredo

I also enjoyed the KBRO-KMFE part since it's where I spent most of my teenage weekends and just had the opportunity to fly there.

Amazing videos! Now I must plan on some day doing your DRT to Lajitas part

I had a bit of an adventure this past weekend in mine. They are good little planes.

You didn't happen to go to the Gathering of Luscombes in Columbia, did you?

Yes, that was easy to find--thanks. Problem is, which one? Extremely nice photography and videography, BTW.

The quote you gave said "episode #24". Maybe I'm missing something. Each title says which part number that video is...and thanks. :)

Back