Lunch - What'd You Have?

Crap, I totally forgot to take a picture of my lunch. But it was a lettuce wrapped burger and a salad.

For Lunch/Supper today on the last day of bachelor week (it’s 4PM and I haven’t eaten yet) ...

I’m going with baked pork chops with some breadcrumb coating and a sprinkle of Parmesan, along with some butter/herb noodles.

And a big mug of iced tea.

b045b1fff0a922e72a5d9d177ded8ebc.jpg

No reason for them to do so. No one says to himself, “Gee, I wish I could go to SNF this year, but the food is just too expensive.”

Saw one vendor selling corndogs for 8 bucks. C’mon, folks - that’s a bit ridiculous.

As long as some doofus comes along and thinks that its a fair price, they'll continue selling them. Just like 3/4 - 1 million dollar piston airplanes and $350 professional sport event seats in the nosebleed section.

As long as some doofus comes along and thinks that its a fair price, they'll continue selling them. Just like 3/4 - 1 million dollar piston airplanes and $350 professional sport event seats in the nosebleed section.

Or $1000 headsets. That’s my favorite in aviation. :) And I’ve got a couple, too.

Freshly smoked sausage, BBQ baked beans, and fresh cut potatoes, made almost as I was standing there, at a small road-side gas station in East Tennessee, on the way home from Florida and Sun-n-Fun.

Today I had king crab for breakfast. Lunch was a Zone Perfect bar and a swig of water. Too busy working on the Cub to stop for more. Now that day is done? Alaskan Amber as a starter and some Basil Hayden’s as dessert. Who cares what comes in between! Life is good.

Today I had king crab for breakfast. Lunch was a Zone Perfect bar and a swig of water. Too busy working on the Cub to stop for more. Now that day is done? Alaskan Amber as a starter and some Basil Hayden’s as dessert. Who cares what comes in between! Life is good.

That is one thing I really miss, ice cold Alaska Amber on tap. Nothing better after 8 hours of flying.

I can get Alaska Amber in bottles here in New Mexico, but it isn't the same. Besides, my beer drinking days are over...:(

That is one thing I really miss, ice cold Alaska Amber on tap. Nothing better after 8 hours of flying.

I can get Alaska Amber in bottles here in New Mexico, but it isn't the same. Besides, my beer drinking days are over...:(

I liked that beer when I was up there. So far haven't found it here, but a beer supplier at Publix told of a place in Birmingham that sells different beers and might have it. I KNOW I ain't getting draft though. :(

Saturday, ran a 5K footrace. After doing an event, I always go to Zaxby's for a salad. That's two day in a row I went to Zaxby's. I seem to be getting into a rut.

Beer is one product where local/fresh is almost always better. Kona when in Kona, King Street Brewery when at my office (2 doors down), Blackwater Draw or New Republic when in College Station, etc.

No reason for them to do so. No one says to himself, “Gee, I wish I could go to SNF this year, but the food is just too expensive.”

Saw one vendor selling corndogs for 8 bucks. C’mon, folks - that’s a bit ridiculous.

As I was just buying lunch for myself, the high price only resulted in a few dollars difference from what a more reasonable price would have been. However, I watched a lady with three children spend quite a bit more for lunch than she appeared to be prepared to pay. I don’t know if her pilot husband was around somewhere or if she had brought her kids to the show by herself but I could tell the cost bothered her. Buying hot dogs and drinks for one’s kids should not require one to suffer angst. And that seemed to be the case.

So you are right. I as a pilot and aviation enthusiast will not avoid SNF in the future due to the food prices. But will that young mother of three? I don’t know.

So you are right. I as a pilot and aviation enthusiast will not avoid SNF in the future due to the food prices. But will that young mother of three? I don’t know.

Likely she’ll plan ahead and stuff a few sandwiches into a backpack. Might even do that myself next year.

Flew down to St. Simon’s Island (KSSI) on the GA coast Wednesday from Thomaston (KOPN) and ate at Southern Soul BBQ. The $400 BBQ. :eek:

Q3Ds2zy.jpg

Wwmza0r.jpg

You win. That's some good looking brisket.

I had chicken quinoa salad that I made myself, well most of it. The chicken was a rotisserie chicken from Safeway.

I had the other left over pork chop prior to dashing off to change oil on the airplane, fly for a couple of hours, grabbed a Twix and a Diet Coke from the machine at the home airport, and then another flight... and a crappy McBurger and another Diet Coke at 12:30 AM driving home.

Life is good.

IMG_3902.JPG
Ahi tuna salad at the burger place. I aks the Burger Girl to cook it rare, she did well. That is Thousand Island dressing, so I was going for some type of tuna Louie salad. It was pretty good.

Back