Lunch @ Southern Soul BBQ - Nov 11

wayne

Pattern Altitude
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
wayne
I'm flying an Angel Flight mission to Jacksonville that morning. I'm planning on stopping at SSI on the way home to grab lunch at Southern Soul BBQ.

That's a Thursday, so some people may not be able to make it. It's also Veteran's Day, so we have the day off.

Anyone able to meet up for lunch?

I'll have to wave to you on the way, I have to go from Flagler up to the ATL area for a dinner with SWMBO that night. Southern Soul is a great lunch stop, hopefully others will make it work. You understand, you have now changed the weather to IFR for the day? :)

Would love to go, but plane is getting its annual done and new G5s installed. (and i will be working that day unfortunately)

I'll have to wave to you on the way, I have to go from Flagler up to the ATL area for a dinner with SWMBO that night. Southern Soul is a great lunch stop, hopefully others will make it work. You understand, you have now changed the weather to IFR for the day? :)

I have plans for the evening in ATL too. :D

IF it’s IFR it’s even better for me, approach currency! :cool:

Will be on a motorcycle trip at that time.

Even tho I’m not on the invite list ;) I’m off that day. I’ve been wanting to check out this place, but I’m waiting on confirmation of when my annual is. I’m a maybe for this trip but def looking to head there eventually.

Even tho I’m not on the invite list ;) I’m off that day. I’ve been wanting to check out this place, but I’m waiting on confirmation of when my annual is. I’m a maybe for this trip but def looking to head there eventually.

Doh! :oops:

I think I got the list from a posting you did, so you weren't on it. I've added you to my saved list for future posting. ;)

I might be in on this and bring a few of my primary students. Show them there's more to aviation than Knowledge tests, T&Gs and stall recognition. What time you thinking of arriving at SSI?

I might be in on this and bring a few of my primary students. Show them there's more to aviation than Knowledge tests, T&Gs and stall recognition. What time you thinking of arriving at SSI?

Noon-ish.

My plane is still down for annual…. Sigh

This and next week are the two busiest of my work year. No bueno. Also, no BBQ.

Ok. I’m in for Thursday. Me and 4 primary students in the 414. I sure hope others come. Want to show the camraderie in GA. Landing at noon unless others want something different.

Wayne are you still planning on SSI Thursday noon? Anybody else? I've polled my students and they want to go rain or shine. So we're going. Planning on arriving at KSSI at noon Thursday. Hope to see others, but we'll enjoy the barbecue even if it's just us 5.

Yep. I've got an Angel Flight going to Craig. I'm good with getting some more approaches in. Nice to keep the currency and proficiency going.

I figured that was a good reason to go to Southern Soul BBQ. :D That's what prompted me to start this thread.

Yep. I've got an Angel Flight going to Craig. I'm good with getting some more approaches in. Nice to keep the currency and proficiency going.

I figured that was a good reason to go to Southern Soul BBQ. :D That's what prompted me to start this thread.
Great. What's your N #? I'm N882BC. See you there.

Is the plane in pieces? :eek:

;)

It's on my calendar. Hopefully work and weather will cooperate...
I might be able to, but I’d need a ride from Atlanta.

Well, looks like my Angel Flight is off, but I still have the day off and the plane reserved, so I'm still going. Now planning on departing at 10 am instead of earlier since I won't need to stop at MCN and CRG.

So there will be 7 of us total. Good enough for me but more are welcome.

Yep, I have empty seats. The tanks are full though, so I only have about 370 lbs of payload left after me.

The plane is based at RYY. I'm planning on starting the engine at 10 am.

Wayne

The mini SE PoA fly-in at KSSI happened as organized. We sat outside at Southern Soul Barbecue in beautiful weather. Wayne, myself and 5 of my students (one of whom got her Private ASEL certificate THIS MORNING) all had a good time and good food. Thanks Wayne for throwing out the idea. IMG_4344.jpegIMG_4347.jpeg

Last edited:
Back