Lunch near Greenville/Spartanburg

poadeleted20

Deleted
Got a trip down to Alabama later this week. What's a good on-airport lunch/fuel stop in the Greenville/Spartanburg area (say 50nm radius of GSP)?

Got a trip down to Alabama later this week. What's a good on-airport lunch/fuel stop in the Greenville/Spartanburg area (say 50nm radius of GSP)?

Ron:

I go into Donaldson (GYH). Nothing right there, but they have a courtesy car. Real nice folks; might help to mention me.

Greenville DT is closer to the things in downtown Greenville; more expensive. There are some nicer places to go if you want that.

Asheville has some nice things close by. Million Air will give you a courtesy car if you buy some gas and call ahead to let them know you're coming. You're up in the mountains, more scenic.

Each of these has an ILS approach.

I'm sure there are smaller places. Those are my typical stops.

Carol T. is in that area; maybe she knows of a place with more charm.

Best,

Dave

SPA. Beacon Drive In. Can't be beat.

Off airport, but less than 5 minutes from the terminal front door to ordering with JC. One stop sign and two red lights. Will have the food within the next three minutes.

Think I'm going to Rutherfordton (KFQD) -- been there before but had forgotten about it. Good point to stop and land, good food right on the ramp, and, IIRC, not particularly expensive fuel.

Back