Lunch at Ozzie's in Norman OK, Saturday March 12 - 11:30am CT

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
FB members of the North Texas Aviators group can RSVP here.

After all the rain this past week, we need to FLY. Lunch is at Ozzie's Cafe, on the field at KOUN.

Skyvector link

Arrivals / visit 11:00-11:30, we'll plan be seated ~ 11:30am.

Ozzie's is a great midwest-style diner in the main terminal brick building under the tower. Just pull up in your plane on the ramp, and walk inside. Be prepared for a bit of a wait, sometimes, as the locals love this place too, but there are comfortable leather couches in the terminal lobby with a view of the ramp to keep you busy.

Multiple runways help with crosswind conditions at this towered airport.

Oh, and bring your appetite! Hope to see you there!

Airplane less while 55WB is in the paint shop.

Want to go but will need to beg a ride.

Troy, don't forget to ping BCampell since he bases at OUN.

55WB as a nekkid Sklylane

IMG_2490.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the TFR will keep me grounded.
If you and aircraft are instrument rated, you can depart 52F on an IFR plan. Just call for your clearance when you're ready to go.

Alternatively, bring your craft up to DTO and I can stash it in 55WB's hangar for the day/time being.

Family issues. Otherwise we would go.
I went last week and the line to get in was looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong so call ahead.

If you and aircraft are instrument rated, you can depart 52F on an IFR plan. Just call for your clearance when you're ready to go.

Alternatively, bring your craft up to DTO and I can stash it in 55WB's hangar for the day/time being.
Thanks for the offer but too much car travel to make it work.

You don't need to be IFR. NW Regional (52F) is not in the inner 11nm ring. It's in the outer ring.

B. For operations within the airspace between the 11 nmr and 30 nmr area(s) listed above, known as the outer ring(s): All aircraft operating within the outer ring(s) listed above are limited to aircraft arriving or departing local airfields, and workload permitting, ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter. All aircraft must be on an active IFR or VFR flight plan with a discrete code assigned by an air traffic control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking the discrete code prior to departure and at all times while in the TFR and must remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

File a VFR flight plan. Then call Clearance Delivery from the ground and get a squawk before departing VFR, and head north to Norman. Likewise, coming back... flight following, ask for a beacon code to enter the TFR landing 52F. Easy peasy.

He showed up on the DFW board recently....

I still don't have a ride up there....

He showed up on the DFW board recently....

I still don't have a ride up there....

Sorry, I don't have an empty seat this time. Assuming the weather does allow us to go (which I'm presuming it will), it's a "run away with my wife for the weekend in OKC" kind of flight. Would be a long solo walk for you back to DFW. ;-)

Hmmm... only 3 and half hours out of here... thinking about this... me no likely the time zone change... but it's a lot closer to fly to see you guys than DFW! :) Karen wants to come too... but she does have an evening gig back home, so we have some "logistics" things to figure out.

I'm closely watching the weather. Fort Worth looks okay; Norman, on the other hand... That's all I'm saying for now so I don't jinx it.

Sorry, I don't have an empty seat this time. Assuming the weather does allow us to go (which I'm presuming it will), it's a "run away with my wife for the weekend in OKC" kind of flight. Would be a long solo walk for you back to DFW. ;-)

Won't be doing an overnight after all; Sunday will have very strong westerly winds over N. Texas (not favorable to north/south runways) due to a low pressure system that will be over OKC.

All I see on our weather is rain and TS till Monday.

Having a look through here:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/mdl/forecast/graphics/MAV/index.html

Looks like there might be some light rain in the area, and the potential for ceilings that are MVFR or lower during the arrival and departure times. Progs show a chance of thunderstorms, although the MOS shows that as less likely.

Nothing that bothers me, but I'm not sure what the comfort level of the rest of the group is.

Event has been canceled, @Ted DuPuis

The forecast continues to push low ceilings/vis later into the morning as each forecast cycle is released.

8 or 9 thousand miles is a bit far for me this time. Otherwise it's about a 1.5 when I'm in town. Might have to check it out next time I'm around.

I'm closely watching the weather. Fort Worth looks okay; Norman, on the other hand... That's all I'm saying for now so I don't jinx it.

It is be home of the National Severe Storms Lab for a reason... :)

Event has been canceled, @Ted DuPuis

The forecast continues to push low ceilings/vis later into the morning as each forecast cycle is released.

Okey dokey. Just come on up to APA. ;)

We had a "sever fog advisory " this AM. Seriously? vis reduced to 1/4 miles persisting through early afternoon. I went and waxed the wings instead.

I waxed the plane today. It was a good day for it. Couldn't see the tops of the cell towers around here all day long.

Oh...and I got my spinner polished too.

:)

I waxed the plane today. It was a good day for it. Couldn't see the tops of the cell towers around here all day long.

Oh...and I got my spinner polished too.

:)

It is worth noting that no entendres were hurt in the creation of that post.

Was thinking about this post today.

Sucky, terrible weather. Was at 4m3 this morning and couldn't see across the field- let alone flying the Oklahoma.

Well I told Troy offline it was a bummer his flyin got rudely interrupted by weather. Norman is cool in that if you DFW folks come north, us DEN folks can come a lot less further south to see y'all once in a while!

I hope it can be rescheduled sometime. Heck, Ted was even planning on bringing the fire breathing 310 from far far away. :)

Well I told Troy offline it was a bummer his flyin got rudely interrupted by weather. Norman is cool in that if you DFW folks come north, us DEN folks can come a lot less further south to see y'all once in a while!

I hope it can be rescheduled sometime. Heck, Ted was even planning on bringing the fire breathing 310 from far far away. :)

Well if that would get you Denver pilots out, we should be able to fly even further north somewhere.
KOUN is a pretty short hop from here.

If both you, Clark, and Blanche show up with your own aircraft, we'll send each you home with some canine passengers for Rachelle and Sybil. Both have been quite active lately. Almost like you're running out of adoptable fuzz fiends.

Back