L'Shana Tovah

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
To all those celebrating The Jewish High Holidays ( and those that are not) I wish you and your loved ones a Sweet and Joyous year with health, happieness, Tailwinds and CAVU. May each and everyone of us be inscribed in the book of life for the comming year.

Thanks, Adam! From your lips to G*d's ears. And the same wishes for you and your family!

New year? I thought this was the 7th month on the Jewish calendar - Tishrei. Nisan is the first month and comes in the spring.

All I know is when Ron left last night to go spend the Holidays with freinds in Philly, he said it was the Jewish new year... I'm not Jewish and know very little that he hasn't told me.:dunno: So I took him at his word.

Missa

N2212R said:
New year? I thought this was the 7th month on the Jewish calendar - Tishrei. Nisan is the first month and comes in the spring.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]The High Holidays[/SIZE][/FONT]
September 23 - October 2, 2006
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur -- a day of sweetness and a day of atonement are the culmination of a month-long process of coming back to God[/FONT]

That is why the Yom Kippor invasion was so much the more heinious. Yet we have to honor Ramadan lest we offend the faithful.

G*d's blessings and forgiveness to Adam, Scott and too many others to name during thess holy holidays.

AdamZ said:
To all those celebrating The Jewish High Holidays ( and those that are not) I wish you and your loved ones a Sweet and Joyous year with health, happieness, Tailwinds and CAVU. May each and everyone of us be inscribed in the book of life for the comming year.

I'll drink to that even if I can't pronounce it.;) :cheers:

Dart said:

G*d's blessings and forgiveness to Adam, Scott and too many others to name during thess holy holidays.
;)

Welecome to the year 5767, has a nice ring doesn't it?

FYI for some that are a little confused at the whole New Year's concept there is also Tu Bishvat which celbrates the new year for trees or agriculture and happens in the spring

This New Year has moved in dates since the ancient times to it present position and is meant as a time of reflection and introspection. So have a nice piece of Challa and honey and enjoy.

AdamZ said:

Thanks alot, and the very best to you, yours, and everyone else, now and at all other times as well!

Hi Adam,

Thanks and same to you! 5767 does seem to have a ring to it, but it sounds very different to me because I was in the Confirmation class of 5766 at my temple, and have always had that number stuck in my head for a while. Time to head off to dinner with the family...

Shalom,
Jason

Well, here I am stuck in Atlanta, spouse is going to services tonight with younger daughter......but at least I'll be home next weekend, a more serious holiday...

bbchien said:
Well, here I am stuck in Atlanta, spouse is going to services tonight with younger daughter......but at least I'll be home next weekend, a more serious holiday...

Well that is a drag being stuck, is that due to the WX here in Illinois?

Wow, those Jews, I'm telling ya...

Every holiday is always an excellent occasion to stuff ourselves to death with roasted meat, hummus, cakes and beer...

The entire family gets together - everybody brings a dish (or 10 in my case...)

We pile up food on the table until it falls apart...
Time to start a diet...

Armageddon Aviator said:

Every holiday is always an excellent occasion to stuff ourselves to death with roasted meat, hummus, cakes and beer...

Time to start a diet...

Thank goodness for Tzom Gedaliah!!

Armageddon Aviator said:

Time to start a diet...

:yes: You ain't kidding Alon. You know the short version of almost every jewish holdiay..."The tried to kill us, we won, lets eat!"

Armageddon Aviator said:

Time to start a diet...

"The only difference between Italians and Jews is better food."

Hesh from the Sopranos......

Armageddon Aviator said:

Time to start a diet...

That's why I love my Jewish friends, they invite me for the feast even if I am a Heathan beast.:D

AdamZ said:
:yes: You ain't kidding Alon. You know the short version of almost every jewish holdiay..."The tried to kill us, we won, lets eat!"

Looking from a philisophical stand point, that ain't too bad of a way to deal with things.

smigaldi said:
Well that is a drag being stuck, is that due to the WX here in Illinois?
No, I have to penetrate that tomorrow. It's becuase every so many years I have to show up at the FAA. It's like a designee standardization meeting.

Armageddon Aviator said:

Yum. And my co-workers tell me the best is in Haifa. Not having a reference, I can't comment, other than to say it was good stuff. :yes:

AdamZ said:
Go right to the food. Let's celebrate. Happy New Year!

And may we all have on our lips, "sha'alu shalom Yerushalaim":yes: .

(and please forgive me, a goy, if I have misspelled or otherwise abused the sixth verse of the 122nd Psalm.):redface:

Fair skies,

Jim

Was jsut checking email this morning and got this from one of my friends in Isreal. Hope the characters print out on PoA ok.

[FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)']שנה טובה [/FONT]=[FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)']ראש השנה, תשס"ז[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)'] [/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)'][/FONT]
[FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)'][FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)']נתינה [/FONT]Giving [FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)']שלום[/FONT] [FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)'] [/FONT]Peace[FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)'] [/FONT] [FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)']חברות [/FONT]Friendship[FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)'] [/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)']שגשוג [/FONT]Prosperity [FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)']תקווה[/FONT] [FONT='Times New Roman (Hebrew)'] [/FONT]Hope
[/FONT]

Back