LSA in CT

Discussion in 'Home Builders and Sport Pilots' started by Nub_Pilot, Jul 30, 2020 at 4:35 PM.

1. Nub_Pilot

Nub_Pilot Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Jeremy's new interest
    Not sure if this the correct place to post this. If this is the wrong place, mods please move.

Recently, a Connecticut flight school Learn2FlyCT now has an LSA and able to train anyone for their Sport Pilot or Private Pilot certificate.

https://learn2flyct.com/our-aircraft/

They have a Pipistrel ALPHA Trainer for flight instruction or rental. This is a great opportunity for any PPL's that are not flying due to expired medical's and missed out on the BasicMed dates. Its not the fastest plane available, but sill gives more opportunities to folk that can't get a medical for any reason but still have a drivers license (that's me) or those that have expired.

2. Tony R

Tony R Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Atrosa
    Hi Jeremy. That is great news. I started my PPL in Simsbury and the 172 is about the same speed of the alpha trainer. Now that I'm working 100% from home Simsbury is no longer close for me. I'm thinking about starting up with Phil Smith in Sept. At 128 per hour block rate that is 40 per hpur cheaper than the 172. When are you going to start training?

3. Nub_Pilot

Nub_Pilot Pre-Flight

Display Name:

Display name:
    Jeremy's new interest
    Tony,
    I am letting the CFI's get some time under their belt because it is so different than the 172 and Warriors they currently have, but I will be talking with a couple of the CFI's and see when I can start my training. I am hoping to start next week and the ability to at least schedule 3 days of training. I know Phil is still getting the Sport Pilot lesson plans together, but if you're going for your PPL then they already have everything planned out and loaded into Flight Circle too.
    Phil is a passionate about flying and making it better for everyone, including the environment which is why he is starting the Green Aviation Initiative. I am looking forward to being more involved with flying and with his school.

The toughest part for me is that I'm an hour away and the commuting could become a small issue, but one I'm willing to take on and move forward with my aviation plans.

if you even considering it, I highly recommend you go give it a try....as Phil says all the time "its a little Rocket" it climbs at about 750-1000ft/min at MTOW. I call it "the little sports car of the air"

Jeremy