LPV beats out ILS

I have to say that LPVs are generally easier to fly by hand, and they're much smoother coupled, than ILS's.

Since you don't have any of that squirelly analog stuff going on, it's just much more smooth.

So unless you HAVE to go down to ILS Mins lower than LPVs, try the LPV - you and your passengers will like it.

I have to say that LPVs are generally easier to fly by hand, and they're much smoother coupled, than ILS's.

Since you don't have any of that squirelly analog stuff going on, it's just much more smooth.

So unless you HAVE to go down to ILS Mins lower than LPVs, try the LPV - you and your passengers will like it.

Shot my first real time WAAS with our newly upgraded 430. Way cool. Plus the missed app is programmed all the way up to and including the hold entry. Both loc and gs needles rock solid all the way down.

Well worth the upgrade $

Shot my first real time WAAS with our newly upgraded 430. Way cool. Plus the missed app is programmed all the way up to and including the hold entry. Both loc and gs needles rock solid all the way down.

Well worth the upgrade $
Hm. Sounds like upgrading my autopilot to the version that accepts GPS vertical steering is well worth the $500...

I need to go fly a WAAS approach around here one of these days, just to see how well it works in my airplane.

I tried to fly into Gaithersburg last weekend. If I had WAAS, I could have done the LPV and made it in. Unfortunately, I had to stick with the RNAV mins of about 400, which didn't work with a 300ft ceiling. Thank goodness Dulles was nearby with the ILS 19C. I can't wait till I get WAAS.

Wow! It's nice to be missed so thank you all. I've got to tell you that like many of you, I'm looking forward to flying WAAS too. That's right, I've never flown a WAAS procedure as a checker or as a user. I don't fly any of our new NAS aircraft (Lear 60, Challenger 601 or 604) so it's all pretty much unknown to me. More than likely, I'll have to wait until the Beech fleet gets modified to do new NAS work.

My trip to the gulf region was very interesting and I'm happy to say, very routine. I'm glad I went but it's great to be home. I did visit the POA site quite often but couldn't post nor visit chat. I've actually been home for about a month but my POA time has just been seriously limited due to work and all manner of distractions. It is nice to be missed though and I have to say that I'm flattered and totally not worthy.

Hey, John; if you get to Maine you can waas-try my Skyhawk, whose 430-W has only been used VFR to-date. Welcome home!

HR

John, welcome back! I'm happy to hear your deployment was uneventful! Hopefully we'll get to catch up once everything returns to normal for you; lots of changes around the ol' CJC.

Tomorrow (11/20) my home airport 9A1 gets an LPV. I'm quite happy about it. We've waited a long time. The DH is 309' AGL.

Back