Love At First Sight

Jay,
Haven't read all this thread, but hope you work out your desire for the RV, and it's the plane of your dreams. You'll love the fact that you are now the man when it comes to making and keeping it airworthy versus some guy with an A&P that may or may not pay proper attention to it. You WILL find yourself tinkering on it a lot. Certainly more than a certified plane unless you did your own work under the watchful eye of a good guy. But the parts are way cheaper!!
Good luck!
Dave
PS: this is from my Nexus, bought at the the insistence that it was the cats meow. I sure like it but don't use it at all in the cockpit. When it has all the features of a Garmin -96 and the readability in the cockpit under a canopy I'll consider another $800 for the rest of the program to get the complete picture.

This is going to be the longest week of my life, waiting for June 2nd, which is when the prebuy evaluation flight and inspection is scheduled.

Not being there will make it just that much worse. I trust my RV guru, but, damn, I'd like to be there....

And people think we are dragging things out at more than 5 before our tentative date

Cyndi and I were 55 years in the process. Four years of steady dating, 50 years of apart, one more year of steady dating and now 3 months, 13 days, 12 hours and 5 minutes of married.

:dunno:
.(It was Mardi Gras.)

Attachments

• IMG_7487 s.jpg
    IMG_7487 s.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Not being there will make it just that much worse. I trust my RV guru, but, damn, I'd like to be there....

Is Assless not in license?

(Just got my Oshkosh assignment yesterday. Opening day (29 June) at 11:30, forum tent 04-K09. Y'all come, y heah?)

Jim

Is Assless not in license?

(Just got my Oshkosh assignment yesterday. Opening day (29 June) at 11:30, forum tent 04-K09. Y'all come, y heah?)

Jim

Atlas is good to go, but I'm not able to escape the hotel during the Season, without major mods to our staffing. And the Season officially started...yesterday.

So, I'm paying a good man to do the evaluation. Just one more level of stress in this deal.

You guys doing the N40 thing with us again?

Love to BUT ... there are 3000# of priceless house crap back in Kansas CIty that we have to tow to Californicate. We debated flying to OSH and then coming back in the Subie to pick the stuff up in KC later in the summer, but the end of Oshkosh is only three weeks away from Fall Semester and that would be a little tight.

No, we're driving to KC, packing stuff up, leaving for OSH for a week camping in Scholler, and then going back through KC, loading up a U-Haul and another loverly 4 days to Grass Valley.

I'm building a separate garage for all my woodworking tools AND the RST engineering lab, then turning the attached garage into CYndi's music room for her grand piano -- which is ANOTHER lovely moving event hopefully before snowfly in the fall. Sigh. THe move that seemingly will never end. You two are lucky. You didn't have half a century to acquire crap before you moved in with each other.

By the way, you know these two kids from 1959?

Jim

Attachments

• CyndiJim 60a.jpg
    CyndiJim 60a.jpg
    586.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Went on a date in Destin last night... driving in destin on memorial day weekend was not my best idea ever.

My post-college gang used to go down there every Labor Day, starting 20 something years ago. Amazing how the place changed. Used to be there were plenty of little one story mom & pop hotels on the beach or across the road from the beach. They have all been gone for a decade or more, replaced by high rise condo's.

Cyndi and I were 55 years in the process. Four years of steady dating, 50 years of apart, one more year of steady dating and now 3 months, 13 days, 12 hours and 5 minutes of married.

:dunno:
.(It was Mardi Gras.)

8 months on, then three years off were not included in the numbers stated.

She will never live down dumping me:wink2:

Last edited:
Love to BUT ... there are 3000# of priceless house crap back in Kansas CIty that we have to tow to Californicate. We debated flying to OSH and then coming back in the Subie to pick the stuff up in KC later in the summer, but the end of Oshkosh is only three weeks away from Fall Semester and that would be a little tight.

No, we're driving to KC, packing stuff up, leaving for OSH for a week camping in Scholler, and then going back through KC, loading up a U-Haul and another loverly 4 days to Grass Valley.

I'm building a separate garage for all my woodworking tools AND the RST engineering lab, then turning the attached garage into CYndi's music room for her grand piano -- which is ANOTHER lovely moving event hopefully before snowfly in the fall. Sigh. THe move that seemingly will never end. You two are lucky. You didn't have half a century to acquire crap before you moved in with each other.

By the way, you know these two kids from 1959?

Jim

Great pic!

Nice plane!

T-minus 10 days till RV-8A...or not.

Augh. Totally unbearable.

I ran into your RV guru at breakfast the other day. I was on a $100 Breakfast run with my former student who purchased an RV-9A recently with Tom's help. Tom was doing transition training with another gentleman in a lovely -7A. He's one of the best in the business.

Good luck!

I ran into your RV guru at breakfast the other day. I was on a $100 Breakfast run with my former student who purchased an RV-9A recently with Tom's help. Tom was doing transition training with another gentleman in a lovely -7A. He's one of the best in the business.

Good luck!

Tom saved me from buying a real problem plane. He's worth every cent. Knowing what he knows about homebuilding, he sees stuff at a glance that I might never see in a week.

I am hoping that he doesn't find anything wrong with this next one. But, if he does, that's why I pay him the big bucks.

And it's in "arrest-me red", too. Or is that "stop and search me red"? :D

Nice looking plane, Jay!

And it's in "arrest-me red", too. Or is that "stop and search me red"? :D

Nice looking plane, Jay!
Well, it's not mine...yet.

T-minus 6 days to the inspection.
It's still a nice-looking plane. It'll just be "kill-me-now" red, if it doesn't pass inspection...

Ron Wanttaja

It's still a nice-looking plane. It'll just be "kill-me-now" red, if it doesn't pass inspection...

Ron Wanttaja

I will be seriously bummed if this one fails the prebuy regimen. I've been left at the altar twice, now, and it's getting old.

I will be seriously bummed if this one fails the prebuy regimen. I've been left at the altar twice, now, and it's getting old.

Better to be left at the alter via a prebuy than a smoking hole later!

You are seriously smoking....fitterpated.....

I am not certain what "fitterpated" means, but I bet it means he's smitten.

I saw an RV10 once... hard not to like the RVs, in general. Nice, honest airplanes.

I am not certain what "fitterpated" means, but I bet it means he's smitten.

I saw an RV10 once... hard not to like the RVs, in general. Nice, honest airplanes.

Spike, DO NOT -- repeat -- DO NOT fly an RV-8.

You will never look at your plane the same way again. I love Atlas, and he's served us well for 11 years, but an RV-8 flies like you dreamed an airplane could fly.

Only twice? Hell, you haven't even dated. I musta looked at 15 Comanches, three pre-buys (one pretty high- buck) before I found "the one". She was worth the wait. Made me glad the others fell through.

Spike, DO NOT -- repeat -- DO NOT fly an RV-8.

You will never look at your plane the same way again. I love Atlas, and he's served us well for 11 years, but an RV-8 flies like you dreamed an airplane could fly.

Good luck. I hope it's exactly what you're looking for. Thanks for posting about these, I've enjoyed reading about your escapades.

Only twice? Hell, you haven't even dated. I musta looked at 15 Comanches, three pre-buys (one pretty high- buck) before I found "the one". She was worth the wait. Made me glad the others fell through.

I would be bankrupt if I went through this 15 times.
:D

Just one, for now. :)

yru9e6a2.jpg

:yikes::yes::yes::yes: it's been many years, but thought I come take a peek to see what you lots are up to. Looking good... Looking good. :)

I can't take it any more Jay! Just buy the damn thing! I'm all a twitter, can't imagine what you are going though. :no:

Monday was 3 years since our first date, and Tuesday was 2 years since I proposed. August will be 2 years since we got married and October will be 1 year since baby was born.

We don't waste time. ;)

Nicely done! :thumbsup:

We're following a faster pace than I ever expected, but I'm loving life - First date to proposal was only about 10 months and a few days, but it'll be 13 months of engagement before we're married. Aiming for a house by September of 2014 and first kid by April 2016. :)

I don't think the corrosion is as bad as it looks and the fuselage should be fairly easy to straighten if you have the jigs.

T-minus 3 days till the evaluation. IF the weather cooperates.

Nicely done! :thumbsup:

We're following a faster pace than I ever expected, but I'm loving life - First date to proposal was only about 10 months and a few days, but it'll be 13 months of engagement before we're married. Aiming for a house by September of 2014 and first kid by April 2016. :)

What's the schedule, Kent? Where, when, all that...

I don't think the corrosion is as bad as it looks and the fuselage should be fairly easy to straighten if you have the jigs.

:mad3: :devil:

You forgot the oil canning on the wing skins which is normal, in fact it's a sought-after speed mod.

Back