Lost my co-pilot tonight

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
Hanna was 11 last October and lead a charmed life, sleeping indoors, when she wanted, flew right seat in a Citation for 10-15 hours, loved the beach, although she wasn't much of a swimmer, she would chase lizards.:D She had another family up the street that co-parented her, many times she'd walk up and spend the night with Larry and Malinda.:yes:
She was having difficulty breathing and she was not responsive, so we drove her to the ER clinic, but she died in the backseat about 5 minutes before we pulled in.:sad: Very sad night around here, can't tell the two in Athens, one has to work at 6:00 and the other has classes until 2:30. We've got to figure out how to tell them, she was the youngest boy's dog. Gonna be a tough day tomorrow! :mad2:
I'm taking her to be cremated at 8:00 AM.

Sorry for your loss.

I know its hard to imagine, but telling them the bad news and then bringing in a puppy to help fill Hanna's void will really do wonders for the grieving process. Puppies have that effect on any dog lover.

Best wishes.

John,

Sorry to hear this, she looks and sounds like a real friend. Hope for lots of good memories for you and your family.

Jeff

Sounds like she had a truly wonderful life.

Sad... 'Sorry.
Time to give my Brood some extra playtime and a fancy dinner.

Sorry to hear of your loss. They touch us in so many ways...

So sorry to hear of her passing :(

Always remember the good times, that way they'll always be with you! Same goes for friends and family of the two-legged variety also.

Tough stuff. My thoughts. Never easy loosing a dog.

Well since your dog was appointed to co-pilot status by you, I'll wish her "clear skies and tailwinds."

John, so sorry to hear about Hanna. Recently went through the same, the heart eventually mends but a good faithful friend is never truly forgotten or replaced. Instead, we seem to open our hearts to another furry kid and that special bond fills that void and takes over our hearts.

We're very sorry for your loss. We have an 11 year old coon hound that is doing well right now, so we are making sure to enjoy each additional day we get with her. My father in law once said: "It is possible to live without a dog, but why would anyone want to"? Console yourself with the knowledge that you gave her a great life. She was a lucky dog to be able to serve as your copilot.

So sorry...
As lord Byron wrote: "...all of man's virtues and none of his vices"

Sounds like she passed without a long struggle. Our 14 yo mutt is showing signs of slowing. Good spirits, but growing weak in the hind quarters. It is a day we are not looking forward to, but we wouldn't trade the time we've had to avoid it.

Again, so sorry.

Very sorry, John. Losing a dog is rough. My first dog (and the inspiration for Cloud Nine) died last August. We're still sad, but life goes on.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It's hard losing a member of your family. Time will ease the pain, but it never goes away completely. I have loss several dogs in my days and I remember all of them and often think about them.

Sorry for your loss. We were pretty broken up when our little Moogie dog met her honored ancestors. But our little Phizzbyn did go a long way to fill the void.

<<<< My best friend... has log book...100+ hours...just out of instrument currency...has similar thing for lizards.

My sincerest condolences.

Very sorry to read this. It is one of the worst feelings, losing a 4 legged buddy.
I have an old timer at my feet now and I can't imagine her not being there.

Take care.

Sorry for your loss. I had a period over 6 years where I lost 3 of my pups. I honestly feel that those moments especially the first dog, had changed my life drastically. I never was the same after that. I did find a new puppy helps everyone get over the loss.

I lost my dog a few months ago in almost the same way. Breathing heavy and he saved up enough strength to walk himself into the vet. Still hurts thinking about it. Sorry to hear.

Sorry for your loss.

It sounds like she had a good and happy life.

Truly sorry for the loss of your friend. My best wishes to you.

Thanks for all the kind words, it was tough taking her to the vet this morning for cremation, all the girls at the vet's office were crying when I left. :sad: I guess my wife and I are flying to Athens this afternoon to tell our kids there. My son named her about a year before we got her. He kept telling us he wanted a Golden Retriever named Hanna! He was 7 when we got her and he wanted her to come to his condo at school once he got moved in. :sad:

Sorry to hear John. I'm dreading the day when my "co-pilot" passes. He used to fly with me but he truly hated it so I don't do it anymore.

Attachments

• 133070_184689094877866_8124147_o.jpg
    133070_184689094877866_8124147_o.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Sorry to hear that John. I never met a retriever I didn't like! My dog growing up died when I was in college. My parents never bought another dog, as soon as I moved into a house with a yard I got a retriever pup.

My condolences. She was a beautiful old gal. My Beagle Bailey won't be far behind her....not looking forward to that. :sad:

Last edited:
Tears in my eyes, sympathy extended. Few friends you can have better than a good dog.

Sorry for the family's loss John. Sounds like Hana was very special.

Back