Lost my co-pilot tonight

Sorry for your loss. My golden's were the most loyal, loving pals-

-thankful you had a good run together.

I am sorry for your loss. Dogs are good people.

:-(

I understand your sadness. I lost my 11 year old Aussie last month.

Sorry to hear this. I've had 4 Goldens in my life over the years and they were the sweetest dogs you could imagine.

Sorry for your loss. My pup is starting to go gray in his muzzle and switched to senior food this year.

Thanks for all the kind words, it was tough taking her to the vet this morning for cremation, all the girls at the vet's office were crying when I left. :sad: I guess my wife and I are flying to Athens this afternoon to tell our kids there. My son named her about a year before we got her. He kept telling us he wanted a Golden Retriever named Hanna! He was 7 when we got her and he wanted her to come to his condo at school once he got moved in. :sad:

Breaking the news to your son will be very difficult.....:sad:

Stay strong buddy,,, We are all praying for ya...:yes:

You have my condolences. My Lucky is 16. My best friend. He's hanging in but has lost more than 50% of his weight over the last 2 years.

John,
Sorry to hear about your loss. My wife and I are empty nesters. Our dogs have really filled the void when our children left home. We lost our beloved Rottie on Christmas Eve about five years ago. After the Christmas excitment ended and we were home alone again, the house was so errie quiet. I got on the internet and found a breeder with some puppies about an hour drive away. The next day we went and got another rottie puppy. He has turned out to be a great dog too. I know it is tough having to give up your flying buddy but in time I hope you can find another to help fill the void. Best wishes!

Sorry to hear that. We had to put down our 14 yr old springer a few years ago. I was looking to get a new springer, but my wife just couldn't do it. Waited about a year before we got a lovable mutt from the humane society.

Very sad.

Been thru that with two Black Labs. Got the first as a pup from my brother's dog before we were even married or had any kids. The kids have no idea what it is like to NOT have a dog. Shadow made it to 11. Shortly after his departure we made a trip to the shelter and found Coco who took an immediate liking to son #1. She came home with us immediately. She made it to 11 also.

You never forget them, they are a big part of the family, and you will always miss them. I am glad I have a lot of photos.

Flew to Athens yesterday to tell our youngest son, after a ROUGH flight, he took it better than I expected. He cried and was upset for 30 minutes or so and then seemed to accept it, probably handled it better than I did. ;)
Again, thanks for all the kinds words.

Back