Loose Gopro USB Connection

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
I have an old Hero 3 I use with an NFlightCam audio/power cable. The USB mini-B connection has become loose enough that it separates in flight. Looking for suggestions for shoring it up.

What about some sort of putty? Electrical tape? Or is the looseness in the housing?

What about some sort of putty? Electrical tape? Or is the looseness in the housing?
Thank you! You made me look more closely. I use the GoPro in a frame and the NFlightCam doesn't fit well into the frame opening, resulting i a loose connation. A short USB Mini-B extension will do the trick!

Most GoPros suffer from the same problem, eventually.
Mine is so bad I had to buy an external charger for doing the batteries and I have to take SD card out to download the videos.

Thank you! You made me look more closely. I use the GoPro in a frame and the NFlightCam doesn't fit well into the frame opening, resulting i a loose connation. A short USB Mini-B extension will do the trick!

I had the same problem. The repeat connect & disconnect causes the friction in the socket to wear out. Now I use a USB elbow adapter, and leave it permanently connected to the Gopro. The cable can be connected and disconnected from the other end of the adapter.

Back