Looks like your dues are flying to Key West!

Oh, now. I'm sure there's a legitimate reason for this flight.

:rolleyes:

At least when I fly to KW it is on my own nickle.
One thing I would do had I the power would be to ban expense accounts for all elected officials. You wanted the job, now do it. If you feel you shouldn't have to do the job from your salary, time for you to move along and leave it to someone who will.

After 15 years I gave up on AOPA at renewal in April. I have not missed them or their magazine with PC posturing.

I've been an AOPA member a very long time. This is it for me too. But my reason is running an article on Bruce or whatever Jenner in their magazine, and then running it in their Flight Training magazine also. Sorry but they're hundreds if not thousands of more deserving pilots that should be featured. Yep, that's my reason and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
Has anyone questioned them on their reasoning for the flights to aspen,co or key west ? I'm sure there answers would be worth the price of admission in and of themselves. Is there a jimmy buffet gig going on this weekend? More than likely though I imagine that they just wanted to have one of their girlfriends lick some key lime pie off if their $@%#*& and rub their @&$?%#! While they snort some !$&# off of their &$!%# .

Hey it's part of their perks right?

I've been an AOPA member a very long time. This is it for me too. But my reason is running an article on Bruce or whatever Jenner in their magazine, and then running it in their Flight Training magazine also. Sorry but they are hundreds if not thousands of more deserving pilots that should be featured. Yep, that's my reason and I'm sticking to it.
I agree I am done with AOPA for the same reasons, will not renew this year.

You know, AOPA reps oft show up here to defend their actions. Whaddaya wanna bet...

:popcorn:

My point is that AOPA dues are flying to Key West. As the thread title indicates.
That's not a point, that's a vague reference to your point.

Yes, an AOPA owned aircraft flew to Key West and if that is your point then say that. Of course, that is not really your point, is it? It seems as if you have an issue with the aircraft being flown there. If so, what is your issue with it? Do you know who was on board or why they went there? Do you know for certain that the trip is AOPA funded? If you do know all of that and believe it to be a poor use of AOPA funds, then explain. Making a veiled attack on what you believe to be a waste of your dues without the knowledge to back it up or explaining your belief is pretty lame. But hey, it is the internet and that's what we do, right? :confused:

My point is that AOPA dues are flying to Key West. As the thread title indicates.
But you don't know why. I flew to Miami Beach to attend a cybersecurity conference (FS-ISAC). Loews Hotel, right on the beach. I work for a firm that is owned by its members.

An org I worked for caught crap for holding conferences in Las Vegas; thing is, given the geo dispersed nature of our oeople, it was the cheapest place, total cost. . .lower airfares, lower hotel cost, and plenty of facilities that could handle the volume.

Would you feel better if they fkew to NJ or Omaha for more or less the same reasons?

Yeah, AOPA ain't aligned with my goals all the time; but GA needs some collective representation. Not seeing an alternative popping up, and as long as bribery is legal on capital hill, I'll probably keep renewing.

Wouldn't be surprised if it had to with opening up GA travel to Cuba. Just watched their webinar the other night.

I dropped AOPA years ago, for a multitude of reasons. I dont find this particularly suspicious, however. It may be for legitimate research. They have videos, articles, and other online resources about flying in to Mexico, the Bahamas, and other places. These are very helpful and the only way to get solid info is to actually go do it. If they are looking at making a guidebook for Cuba, there's no better place to start.

That's not a point, that's a vague reference to your point.

Yes, an AOPA owned aircraft flew to Key West and if that is your point then say that. Of course, that is not really your point, is it? It seems as if you have an issue with the aircraft being flown there. If so, what is your issue with it? Do you know who was on board or why they went there? Do you know for certain that the trip is AOPA funded? If you do know all of that and believe it to be a poor use of AOPA funds, then explain. Making a veiled attack on what you believe to be a waste of your dues without the knowledge to back it up or explaining your belief is pretty lame. But hey, it is the internet and that's what we do, right? :confused:

lol -- put up your dukes! This is the innanets!

Looking at the weather ,they could have picked a better day. It's the aircraft owners and pilots association,how else would they get there? Some people are never happy.

In other words, you have no facts.

What facts are you hoping for? I didn't make any assumptions in my post. As I originally said, all I'm pointing out is the jet wet to Key West.

No, you're insinuating. What, I dont' know, but you are.

And now that it's apparent you don't have any real substance, you are claiming that was all you meant to say. Pretty easy to see through.

I'll be flying there on sunday too. Can't wait…..
yeah but we're not subsidizing your trip...well, you're not taking an aiplane we paid for...oh heck, have fun and fly safe!

Nauga,
who was like Jonah in Key West

No, you're insinuating. What, I dont' know, but you are.

And now that it's apparent you don't have any real substance, you are claiming that was all you meant to say. Pretty easy to see through.

what substance can I have other than the plane is going to Key West?

I bet the trip to Key West will save Wichita from Chinese investors and triple the pilot population. No doubt. Haha.

go to "guidestareamerica" and you will stop giving to many 503c charities when you see the financial statements. i am shocked and you will be also. my 2 biggest fans aopa and ,nra are the worst offenders , my 3 rd harry chapin food bank is now getting all my free$ as they have the best financials .

Frankly that's what AOPA should be doing, it's the only way things get done in our government.
I agree. You gotta play the game. You might not like it and it may be a lousy game, but you gotta play. If you don't play, you can't win.

go to "guidestareamerica" and you will stop giving to many 503c charities when you see the financial statements. i am shocked and you will be also. my 2 biggest fans aopa and ,nra are the worst offenders , my 3 rd harry chapin food bank is now getting all my free$ as they have the best financials .

When I was 18 working at an FBO I saw the CEO of a Christian charity air ambulance come in and rent a plane to go fly to breakfast with the Saturday breakfast club. When he came back he said, "Put it on the company card, tax free baby!" Since then I just haven't had the urge to give charities and non-for-profits monetary contributions.

Stopped off at IAD first, sounds like they picked up a congressman for a junket.

Stopped off at IAD first, sounds like they picked up a congressman for a junket.

Select * from Congress where jimmy_buffet_fan=true and member_of_important_committee=true ...

Hahaha. I didn't even look at the route and knew that was the most likely scenario.

Cue best Dilbert ever, from 2009...

http://dilbert.com/strip/2009-02-25

I've been an AOPA member a very long time. This is it for me too. But my reason is running an article on Bruce or whatever Jenner in their magazine, and then running it in their Flight Training magazine also. Sorry but they are hundreds if not thousands of more deserving pilots that should be featured. Yep, that's my reason and I'm sticking to it.

I agree I am done with AOPA for the same reasons, will not renew this year.

Yup.

yeah but we're not subsidizing your trip...well, you're not taking an aiplane we paid for...oh heck, have fun and fly safe!

Nauga,
who was like Jonah in Key West

I suppose we all paid for them really :) Flew a lot 37 E today. That is the newest airplane I have ever flown in my life. 1689XX Buno. My 11 month old son is older than that. Night and day difference compared to the A-D. Not least of which is the 17.5 with a single centerline.

Back