Looking for sponsors

mulligan

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mulligan
NASCAR sells space on their cars. So I was thinking who wants to buy space on my new plane? The only space for sale is on the chute. Just imagine the free press you would get if I ever had to pull the chute.

This landing brought to you by......

All the major networks would cover it so it is a good investment

Hard part of that is that you'll be under contract to show said Chute at defined intervals.

Curious what your insurance company would think of a contract requiring 2 or 3 pulls per year on a plane that usually goes to salvage on pull #1.

Thinking a 6 pack of Bud Light plus whatever it costs to customize a chute.

I know you're joking, but as a race car driver, I will tell you that getting sponsorships is INCREDIBLY hard, even when you can demonstrate a clear, simple ROI.

I had a great idea a few years ago when building a KR2S - every single video I had put online had a Dr. Pepper can in it, so I contacted them and asked about some form of sponsorship. Most notably, that was what people noticed first, even before seeing the airplane being built, so I thought it was a pretty clear idea. They did not agree.

I know you're joking, but as a race car driver, I will tell you that getting sponsorships is INCREDIBLY hard, even when you can demonstrate a clear, simple ROI.

I had a great idea a few years ago when building a KR2S - every single video I had put online had a Dr. Pepper can in it, so I contacted them and asked about some form of sponsorship. Most notably, that was what people noticed first, even before seeing the airplane being built, so I thought it was a pretty clear idea. They did not agree.

I sponsored one of my buddies Johnny "Red" O'Connell in Le Mans this year. He gave me the helmet logos but told him I'd rather have the under carriage. He said why. Told him if he flipped, think of the free coverage I would get!!

Thinking a 6 pack of Bud Light plus whatever it costs to customize a chute.

Make it PBR and I'll give some thought. Wait, I've already thought. PBR is cheaper than Bud, so make it 2 6-packs of PBR, and then I'll give it some more thought. Ahh hell, you can't afford PBR after buying that aero 'chine, so I thought it out and decided to back out of my first attempt at sponsorship. Man it was a bad experience, I tell ya, and wouldn't advise anyone to attempt it.

Since you're now soliciting sponsors, I take it you've got your CSEL... right?

NASCAR sells space on their cars. So I was thinking who wants to buy space on my new plane? The only space for sale is on the chute. Just imagine the free press you would get if I ever had to pull the chute.

How ya gonna fit that around the family crest on the chute? :rolleyes: :)

Since you're now soliciting sponsors, I take it you've got your CSEL... right?
IIRC Amelia Rose Earhardt did (and may still) not have a commercial yet the Pilatus she flew around the world (which she did not own) had all the sponsors logos.

I saw Bill Auberlen flip the BMW prototype on Road Atlanta's back straight years ago...2000 I think? You just don't expect a car to do that!

This landing brought to you by......

All the major networks would cover it so it is a good investment

Attachments

• IMG_3383.JPG
    IMG_3383.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 25
When I was flying powered paragliders I talked with a few businesses about them buying me a wing with their logo on it. 300 hours of aerial advertising (about the normal life of a paraglider) for $2500. Some people were interested but I never worked anything out. A couple of friends got SeaTow to buy their wings, though.

I would just write sh*t happens across the top of the chute

Cloud Nine has gotten a good number of sponsors as a 501(c)3. I have found that none of them have really cared about plastering up the airplane with stickers. The reality that they understand is airplanes spend more time sitting in the hangar than flying around, and so the number of people who see your sponsorship is very small that way. It's different if you've got a single trip you're doing that might get a lot of press (such as Amelia in the Pilatus).

As an individual? Good luck unless you're going to head to Reno or Red Bull.

Your next video should have been with a Mr Pibb can in it and then send that link to the same people. See if their tune changed.

Air racers do it. I think this is an air racer because of the number 41 on the side...
IMG_0927.jpg

If the advertising is going to be on the chute, I'd ask Plan B if they will sponsor it.

570_Plan_B_Reuters_Edit.jpg

Should have gone with Mr. Pibb!

Perhaps a certain POA member will pony up a few dollars to advertise his AoA devices.

Something like, "You would not be reading this if I would have just bought an AoA indicator!"

Back