Looking for some guidance...

Recycled auto and truck parts. Mostly to commercial repair facilities, but some retail too.

This is an inside salesperson position, so you need to be able to work the mojo and close the deal without always seeing your customer.

A very good income is possible, but you must know and have the drive to kick over lots of rocks, shake lots of trees, build up a loyal customer base, and close the deals.

You eat what you kill, but you need to be constantly hunting. Like those crabbers in Dutch Harbor, they make nothing waiting for the crab to come to th dock on their own.

If this weather keeps up, DTO doesn't sound so bad. lol

I actually may find work here in OKC, a few jobs may be nearby from what I'm seeing online. Sales left kind of a bad taste in my mouth Mike, but I appreciate the offer.

I've talked with some friends and am wondering about filing for unemployment. Even though I'm updating my resume and calling people up today (I do not intend to be unemployed for very long, no mooching here trust me), I am being told to go ahead and file for it. Obviously I don't have much experience in doing this, does anyone have any experience or tips, or if I even apply for it? I was terminated for "not producing enough sales" which from the looks of it doesn't fall under the whole "fault of your own" like stealing or anything stupid like that. If it was a disabling factor in getting unemployment, I'm sure that employers would be able to just move the goalposts and says that employees didn't meet expectations all of the time and skip out. Any help is appreciated.

Never filed for unemployment myself but understand it goes by state, heard here in MA you need to stab a supervisor to be denied. Kidding but anything less then theft gets paid. Sales can suck, and there are tons and tons of sucky sales jobs, but don't let one experience with crap info put you off. Not saying to continue with sales, that is up to you, just don't consider yourself a failure at it.

Back