looking for pilot company, OK to VA, part way

highflyingbird

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
paul
Hello everyone.. an update.

I am a low time private pilot, VFR, 170 hours.. and I am going to ferry my PA-38 Piper Tomahawk from KSNL east to Virginia.

I am looking for anyone who could join me for any part of it.

This is my first plane.. It is IFR equipped but not certified.. fresh annual, in excellent condition. I have Foreflight for iPad. I have experience in Cherokees, Cessnas

If you are a CFI, I can pay you for a few hours of IFR training and perhaps help me get night current again, perhaps on the last leg to KSHD.

if necessary, I can pay for a night in a hotel. If you are not a CFI, perhaps we can work out something for compensation. I am looking at the safety angle of having someone along.

My plan is to stop at least once per day, in short 2 hour legs, land, take a break, then go on.

I can adjust the route to accommodate a pilot who can get a courtesy flight or other transportation to meet me. Even going along for a couple of hours would be great.. Foreflight says it's around 900 NM.

timing.. I am starting on Feb 15... so from 15 to whenever. I will wait out any bad weather, which includes high winds, turbulence, shear, etc.

please feel free to contact me. perhaps you know someone. a little adventure, practice, fun little plane with nice clear glass..

paul

917 239 3151

I think you should get RussR to go with you. With him as a CFI, you might get some of the basic IFR items checked off. Plus have an experienced person to coach you in cross country planning and dealing with any "unexpecteds" that can come up (such as the solenoid on the starter of a Warrior deciding to not cooperate)

I think you should get RussR to go with you. With him as a CFI, you might get some of the basic IFR items checked off. Plus have an experienced person to coach you in cross country planning and dealing with any "unexpecteds" that can come up (such as the solenoid on the starter of a Warrior deciding to not cooperate)
I'd like to do it if I could, but I would also recommend Russ if you can get him to tag along.

Expect that you will be on the hook for a commercial ticket home. So factor that into, your costs.

A www, I did my early training in a Tomahawk. Would love to fly one again some time

I'd like to do it if I could, but I would also recommend Russ if you can get him to tag along.

Thanks guys!

Sent you a message.

Paul, you have my contact information if needed. But I'm willing to bet Tyler's schedule is more flexible than mine for a multi-day trip, so while I'm willing to see if I could help, Tyler would be a great option too. And I wouldn't get my feelings hurt...

Oh yeah, he's lighter than me last I saw him anyway. So more fuel!

Paul, you have my contact information if needed. But I'm willing to bet Tyler's schedule is more flexible than mine for a multi-day trip, so while I'm willing to see if I could help, Tyler would be a great option too. And I wouldn't get my feelings hurt...

Tyler would be a good choice. While he's not a CFI so not legal to teach you, he does have an effective way of imparting experience and wisdom.

Back