Looking for more rear cabin

Is there that much of a difference between the 260 and 300 SIx? The price difference is quite steep.

It reflects the desirability of the 300 over the 260...makes the 260 a good bargain if it suits your mission, though. Just understand what you're buying (the generally less desirable model).

The OP's budget is 65k. I dont think he is going to find a 260B/C or 6/300 with that price tag unfortunately. A Comanche 250 or a few 6/260 are around that number.

Is there that much of a difference between the 260 and 300 SIx? The price difference is quite steep.

There's usually a reason for that. From a quick look I see the delta also being contributed by the 300's being better equipped.

Listed specs give the 300 10-15 kts in cruise and 250-275 fpm in climb. Not earth shattering by any means, and not a game-changer either. Both are improvements though. You'll notice 250 fpm when climbing in the summer. I did that in a 200 hp Arrow on a few trips one summer and I thought we'd never make it to 9,000'. :( Best thing for either is to not load it to the gills; we were pretty much at max in the Arrow. Reduce the weight 200-300 lbs and the performance difference is noticeable; for pretty much any plane.

Climb rate and cruise speed makes a big difference in traveling via GA. That is the big reasons why I like flying in a SR22, and the Baron too (but the fuel burn :eek: ). Climbing up to 9-10k is quick, and then we're moving at our cruise speed in cooler air.

Look at where you can go in 3 hours, not 1 hour. Other than going over hills, lakes, rivers or somewhere you can't get to in a straight line in a car a 1 hour plane flight means you spent more time flying there than it would have taken to drive there. Unless you live with your plane on an airpark and don't have to load the car and drive to the airport.

You won't get either for $65k though.

Look into a partnership. You may have to find people and put it together. I'm working on that now myself. Even in a metro area it's work. But, you can get into a much better plane for the money. I've flown in two non-equity partnerships now with 3-4 pilots and both planes have been very available; availability is often many people's big concern with a partnership. A 3 person partnership with $65k each means you're now looking at $195k planes. That's a significant step up.

At this point you need to find someone who has one and go flying....I had my 260 for 6 years and loved it. The only reason I sold it was it was a freaking truck....and I didn't need a truck.

Back