Looking for Garmin GNS430 I/M 190-00356-2 Rev G

kontiki

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Kontiki
According to a 337 in my records package, my GNS-430 was installed by previous owner in accordance with Garmin GNS430 Installation Manual 190-00356-2 Rev G.

I'm just trying to make sure I have a copy of all the installation manuals for all the STCs for maintenance over the long haul.

If anyone has a .pdf copy they are wiling to share, I'd sure appreciate it. Theres nothing wrong with my system, I'd just like to see how it's wired for upgrade purposes.

Thanks,

Last edited:
IIRC, Garmin doesn't give out the installation manuals to anyone other than Garmin dealers, and normally doesn't permit them to distribute them further. Your best bet might be to talk to your Garmin-authorized avionics shop.

I got the installation manual with my new 430W when I bought it for my experimental install, but it's Rev B so it won't do you much good...

Big pet peeve of mine. A real shop will give you wiring diagrams that were approved when the units were installed along with any applicable ICA's.

Big pet peeve of mine. A real shop will give you wiring diagrams that were approved when the units were installed along with any applicable ICA's.

I fault the FAA for not insisting that data be in the STC Instructions For Continued Airworthiness. How are you supposed to repair it if you don't now how the wiring is connected. IMO the FAA drops the ball on that a lot.

I've seen it a lot in my professional life.

I fault the FAA for not insisting that data be in the STC Instructions For Continued Airworthiness. How are you supposed to repair it if you don't now how the wiring is connected.
The ICA's are not intended to replace the maintenance or installation manuals.

The ICA's are not intended to replace the maintenance or installation manuals.

AC 21-40, 5-3

i. Instructions for continued airworthiness describe any maintenance requirements necessary to maintain aircraft airworthiness and are provided in accordance with the applicable regulations, (e.g., 14 CFR part 23, section 23.1529; part 25, section 25.1529; part 27, section 27.1529; part 29, section 29.1529; part 31, section 31.82; part 33, section 33.4, or part 35, section 35.4). See appendix 5.
NOTE: For any STC application submitted after January 28, 1981, the applicant shall furnish at least one set of complete Instructions for Continued Airworthiness to the owner. See 14 CFR part 21, section 21.50.

Attachments

• AC 21-40 Appendix 5.pdf
    66.1 KB · Views: 1
Back