Looking for frac ownership of Cessna 152 (etc) West of Detroit (1D2, KYIP, KARB, etc)

darlingm

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
darlingm
Looking for fractional ownership of a single engine land airplane that is fuel efficient. Two seats is fine. A Cessna 152 comes to mind, but certainly open to other possibilities.

I live in Canton, Michigan. I'm closest to 1D2 (Canton-Plymouth-Mettetal Airport), but KYIP (Willow Run Airport) isn't far, and KARB (Ann Arbor Municipal Airport) is do'able.

Certainly open to hearing about airports a bit further out.

Open to two people having the fractional ownership, more would be OK too.

Looking to buy in for my part of the plane, pay my own gas, and cover the fractional repair costs.

Re: Looking for frac ownership of Cessna 152 (etc) West of Detroit (1D2, KYIP, KARB,

Looking for fractional ownership of a single engine land airplane that is fuel efficient. Two seats is fine. A Cessna 152 comes to mind, but certainly open to other possibilities.

I live in Canton, Michigan. I'm closest to 1D2 (Canton-Plymouth-Mettetal Airport), but KYIP (Willow Run Airport) isn't far, and KARB (Ann Arbor Municipal Airport) is do'able.

Certainly open to hearing about airports a bit further out.

Open to two people having the fractional ownership, more would be OK too.

Looking to buy in for my part of the plane, pay my own gas, and cover the fractional repair costs.

Might be difficult to find partners on something that small.

For instance,

Hangar rent is the same whether it's a Cessna 2 seat or 4 seat.

Parts costs are pretty much the same for a Cessna 152 vs a 172. Tires, brakes, spark plugs magnetos on a Lycoming O235 (Cessna 152) vs an O320 (Cessna 172) is the same costs.

The required 24 month transponder inspections costs are the same between a Cessna 2 seat vs a Cessna 4 seat.

A 4 seat being more flexible will be easier to find additional pilots interested. How many pilots have a wife and a kid or two? Those will be hard to attract to a two seat.

About the only thing a 152 will save you a little bit of money on is insurance and gas. Sure an O320 will burn between 10 & 12 gallons per hour on takeoff but in low power cruise it doesn't average much more fuel burn than the 152.

That's coming from a guy that owned a 150 for about 5 years and has had a O320 powered 4 seat airplane for the last three years. I miss my 150 because it was just plain fun to poke around in but it really doesn't make financial sense to have it.

That all being said you might be able to find a current Cessna 150/152 owner who would take a partner at those airports but you'll need to do some digging and probably poking around at those airports to find them. Can also try www.cessna150-152club.com

Good luck! Hope you get wings. :yes:

Last edited:
Re: Looking for frac ownership of Cessna 152 (etc) West of Detroit (1D2, KYIP, KARB,

I've come to the conclusion that you're better off ether getting a C150/AA1/C120 sized plane, or a 185/206/210/toga/M7 sized plane, for personal use.

172s just don't make much sense to me outside of dual instruction for fatties, the rear seats are basically pointless and I'd just pull em and sell em'.

Bro, lay off the Starbucks and you won't need a partner. If you are just looking to punch holes in the sky, a 150/152 is dirt cheap. Like $20k dirt cheap for a decent one.

We are based at 1D2. The Ford flying club is on the airfield, if this is an option for you: http://fordeaglesflyingclub.com/

You might also want to check out the blackboard in the terminal building, I believe there are ads for other clubs and possibly fractional ownerships. It might also be a good idea to put a note with your request there yourself. There are a lot of older pilots on the field, whose planes mainly sit in the hangar. I however don't recall that I ever saw a 152 in one of them...

Back