Looking for donations

Pancho had an amazing life. I always thought it would make a good movie, and not the one with Valerie Bertenelii.

Pancho dealt with Jimmy Doolittle, Chuck Yeager, Howard Hughes, Bob Hoover, Edwards Air Force base. The Lowe family OWNED Pasadena.

Last edited:
I'm curious how much more they need.

I'm thinking it'd be a good cause for PoA to rally behind.

This does look like a good film project. I've sent a message to my ninety-nines chapter members; if we haven't already made a donation, it would be great if we could (gotta love the membership card in the upper right corner!)

I emailed the producer about making a presentation at Airventure and the response was they'd love to but they needed a sponsor...

Btw, her grandfather was Thaddeus Lowe, who invented a portable means of hydrogen gas production for his observation balloons used during the Civil War, heralding the advent of modern aviation for military purposes. It's said he was the most shot at Yankee of the conflict. He also invented a practical means of refrigeration, among other innovations.

http://www.panchobarnes.com/pancho.html

I emailed the producer about making a presentation at Airventure and the response was they'd love to but they needed a sponsor...
And what would that take?

I didn't pursue it, but here's the text of the response:

Hello Steve, thanks for your note.

Of course, we'd love to show at Airventure. But, we lack a sponsor, so for now we can't even dream about it.

--
Nick T. Spark
Los Angeles, California

www.PanchoBarnesFilm.com
nicktspark@gmail.com

I would think there are several tacks to take in getting this at Airventure, from just renting a single booth to arranging a showing in the EAA museum theater, or possibly a slot on the EAA Fly-In Theater schedule.

http://www.airventure.org/2008/exhibitors/

It would take coordination between the Airventure staff and the production company, no doubt. I don't know if the project would be in a presentable form in time for this year's Airventure or not.

When they premiered "Flyboys" at Airventure it was an "invitation only" affair. I would hope this would be a less restrictive event if it should come to pass.

I'd kick in a few bucks if there was a reasonable chance to get the film to Airventure.

And what would that take?

I didn't pursue it, but here's the text of the response:

Hello Steve, thanks for your note.

Of course, we'd love to show at Airventure. But, we lack a sponsor, so for now we can't even dream about it.

--
Nick T. Spark
Los Angeles, California

www.PanchoBarnesFilm.com
nicktspark@gmail.com

I would think there are several tacks to take in getting this at Airventure, from just renting a single booth to arranging a showing in the EAA museum theater, or possibly a slot on the EAA Fly-In Theater schedule.

http://www.airventure.org/2008/exhibitors/

It would take coordination between the Airventure staff and the production company, no doubt. I don't know if the project would be in a presentable form in time for this year's Airventure or not.

When they premiered "Flyboys" at Airventure it was an "invitation only" affair. I would hope this would be a less restrictive event if it should come to pass.

I'd kick in a few bucks if there was a reasonable chance to get the film to Airventure.

I'm sure they're in touch with Barbara Schultz who wrote the Pancho biography. She does a presentation in one of the theaters in the museum.

The 99s might give them space in the 99s tent. Barb hangs out there too.

In any case EAA would very likely cooperate with them.

Back