Looking for charter

Rock Berube

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Alpineman
My friends clients are looking to charter a flight from KSAN (San Diego) or near, to MMBT (Huatulco Mexico) about 1500 NM, 2 people. If anyone has a plane capable to do it direct please PM me with info and price.

Can a commercial pilot borrow/rent/use any aircraft and fly it as a charter? I had thought there was another level of maintenance/regulations for planes carrying people? Make me smarter here if you can.

Can a commercial pilot borrow/rent/use any aircraft and fly it as a charter? I had thought there was another level of maintenance/regulations for planes carrying people? Make me smarter here if you can.

Not really. People wanting the charter must be the ones renting/using and then hire commercial pilot to fly said plane. Also, so it's not charter, that commercial pilot must be of their (the passengers) choosing, and not from a specific list of commercial pilots provided by the lessor.

So can a commercial instrument current pilot charge people to have him/her fly them somewhere in his/her own aircraft ?

So can a commercial instrument current pilot charge people to have him/her fly them somewhere in his/her own aircraft ?

Error: ambiguous pronoun reference.

An entity may own an airplane and hire a commercial pilot to fly them in said airplane. (Subpart K not addressed)

A pilot may not own an airplane and charge other people to fly in said airplane without an operating certificate.

Back