Looking for CFII with 750+ hr total and 25+ hrs in a PA-32-260 for flight training in Colorado (KEIK

Robert Williams

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Robert Williams
I have a signed purchase agreement on a 1966 Piper Cherokee 6/260 and insurance is requiring 20 hrs of dual training with a CFII with at least 750 total hours and 25+ hours in a PA-32-260. I will be flying out of KEIK in Erie CO. If anyone knows of one please let me know at robert.d.williams.01@gmail.com

Thank you,

Robert Williams

If you haven't, ask on the pa-32 owners & pilots group on FB

20 hours dual for a fixed-gear piston single? Wow, the insurance industry is really getting out of control.

Good for us CFIs, though.

20 hours dual for a fixed-gear piston single? Wow, the insurance industry is really getting out of control.

Good for us CFIs, though.
To be fair, I think that number could be quite reasonable, depending on the prior experience of the buyer.

Might as well pull the mask off completely and just openly subrogate airman certification writ large to insurance companies.

To be fair, I think that number could be quite reasonable, depending on the prior experience of the buyer.

But 25+ for the instructor? PA-32s are kittens. There's nothing special about them from an instructor side of things. My insurance checkout for a PA-32R was "a trip around the pattern with another instructor with PA32R time." And that was less than 10 years ago. 5 maybe?

Avemco required 10 for the lance, but I didn't have any retract time. The quote for a straight-leg Six was either 2 or 5, I can't remember.

It's all over the map. For my PA32R I needed 3 to solo and 10 for passengers but my CFI had to have 1000 total, 100 retract and 25 in make/model.

I know such a Cfi in Colorado Springs area…. Pm me if that may work.

Back