Looking for an iOS photo uploading app

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
I used to have an app called something like "FTP upload" that hasn't been updated in many years and finally stopped working completely with the newest iOS.

What it did was upload photos from the phone via ftp to a server I had specified using a sequential naming convention.... eg photo1.jpg, photo2.jpg, etc. It also automatically resized and re compressed them. It was really handy because it let me throw a photo onto the web in a shareable format in one step.

Does anyone know of another app to do the same thing? I assume some of the common image hosting sites have apps now but I'd rather just use my own hosting since I have it anyway.

You can go to the stock iOS photos app, click the share button ( looks like a square with an upward facing arrow), then select all the images you want to transfer and you are given your choice of destinations (flickr, etc...).

Of course, Apple would like you to just use their "automatic to icloud" feature.

Filezilla will do that ... a quick google check shows they have a mac client but not sure about iOS ... my iPhone and macbook synch photos and then you could use filezilla to upload to your ftp server

Back