looking for a flight school

thepick

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
thepick
looking for a flight school for my inst. and com. I'm considering shipley aviation in las vegas. but they haven't returned my calls for a couple of days. Any suggestions on who to call and why. thanks for the help

I am not familiar with that school. I fly with West Air Aviation at VGT. Call and talk to Jim the owner, Daryl their Chief Pilot, or Van their lead CFII.

They have a few older C172s for primary training. A nice 172S with a new Avidyne 540. A T-41B with a Gamin GTN750 and a 182RG with Garmin.

Is there any location you're especially interested in? I'm flying with FSX Chicago at West Chicago Dupage Airport, a 24/7 training center open to private pilots, student pilots and general public.

They're offering VFR and IFR - FAA approved basic training devices and will open soon Advanced Training Devices and full motion TD's.

The school is based in the heart of Oak Park, IL, easy access from all corners of the city.

Is there any location you're especially interested in? I'm flying with FSX Chicago at West Chicago Dupage Airport, a 24/7 training center open to private pilots, student pilots and general public.

They're offering VFR and IFR - FAA approved basic training devices and will open soon Advanced Training Devices and full motion TD's.

The school is based in the heart of Oak Park, IL, easy access from all corners of the city.

Well, the OP did mention Las Vegas, but I did not think he was talking about LV New Mexico.

If you're willing to drive to KHND check out Monarch Sky.

They keep their equipment up nice and are easy to work with (from my observations)

I have never seen a place called FSX at DPA. Where on the field are you located?

Another vote for West Air at KVGT. As a pretty new private pilot, I was out in Vegas on vacation and set up a 172 rental with a CFI to go along for a sightseeing flight. Nice people, good service.

Back