Wanted: Club Membership Looking for a club membership in the Charlotte, NC area

Santia161

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
santia161
Preferably out of KEQY, 8A6 or KJQF as I live close to the Uptown area.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have been a bit more specific. I actually trained with FlyCarolina and I am very familiar with their club (good peeps and I recommend them as a flight school).

Their membership model is a bit expensive (I think) so, I am actually hoping to get into a club with a non-profit model, 10-30 members with a couple of IFR aircrafts, that I can use for time building, short trips (150-300nm mission), with maybe one or two passengers. Is this even possible in the Charlotte area?

I found a couple with $1,500 joining fee and a low per-hr usage rate. However, those are wayyy to far from me.

All suggestions welcomed!

I seem to recall there being an option up at lake norman, not sure if that's too far for you. 14A. I think they had a coupl'a cessnas and I could be wrong but I think an instructor was also a member.

I seem to recall there being an option up at lake norman, not sure if that's too far for you. 14A. I think they had a coupl'a cessnas and I could be wrong but I think an instructor was also a member.

That would be NC86 Flying Club. Two Cessna 172s. I think there are two CFIs now. Limited to 20 members. No current memberships up for sale at this time to my knowledge.

Thanks for the suggestion. I should have been a bit more specific. I actually trained with FlyCarolina and I am very familiar with their club (good peeps and I recommend them as a flight school).

Their membership model is a bit expensive (I think) so, I am actually hoping to get into a club with a non-profit model, 10-30 members with a couple of IFR aircrafts, that I can use for time building, short trips (150-300nm mission), with maybe one or two passengers. Is this even possible in the Charlotte area?

I found a couple with $1,500 joining fee and a low per-hr usage rate. However, those are wayyy to far from me.

All suggestions welcomed!
Looking at the information on their web site (http://flycarolina.com/flying_club) this looks like a really good deal.

Lots of good aircraft, reasonable rates, and monthly dues where a generous part of the dues goes back toward rental costs.

That would be NC86 Flying Club. Two Cessna 172s. I think there are two CFIs now. Limited to 20 members. No current memberships up for sale at this time to my knowledge.

ah, is that what they told you? ;)

Looking at the information on their web site (http://flycarolina.com/flying_club) this looks like a really good deal.

Lots of good aircraft, reasonable rates, and monthly dues where a generous part of the dues goes back toward rental costs.

I called them a couple of times a while back and the guy was a total phuck knuckle that I pretty much wrote them off. yeah, seems like a good plane selection but the pricing didn't seem all that fantastic. I saw their lance is parked in a hangar near mine, it looks nice from the outside.

ah, is that what they told you? ;)

o_O

Haha.

I am currently a member. Usually when a current member wants to sell, an email goes out to the rest of us in case we know any good candidates that are looking to buy into the club.

14A would be a 45 min drive so that’s definitely doable. Seems to be exactly what I am looking for. Too bad they’re at capacity.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Have you looked at Wings Over Waxhaw at Jaars (N52)? Its the club I am in. Very reasonable price and our 172 is almost always available! PM me for some more details if you're interested.

Back