Looking for 175B performance tables

JeffBe

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff
I'm looking for a 175B CS prop equipped owner that could share performance tables. I have a 175A with a 180HP conversion, but the STC did not come with performance tables.
I believe Cessna equipped the B models with a CS prop and the 175HP geared engine, so I think performance would be similar.

Which STC do you have?

^^This^^.
Some of the 180hp STCs might only have the basic cruise performance chart, and for t/o and landing, etc. it might say simply "performance meets or exceeds original factory numbers", or something like that.

A friend is in the process of doing the new Stoots IO-370 STC. The guy seems to know the type well so might be worth giving them a call up in Alaska to get the information you are looking for.

I have the Williams SA424CE STC. I have tried contacting them via email with response, and I received responses from "Backcountry Pilot" users who say there is no SFM from the STC provider. From what I understand, the people at Williams are more responsive to inquiries about purchasing, but not so much for support.
It's a little hard to believe that they can change the performance of the airplane with the STC, and not provide new performance information. Not a big deal for the owner flown airplane, but I'm renting it and would like to provide more performance information than just "Plan for 10 GPH and 120 MPH" for flight planning.

It's a little hard to believe that they can change the performance of the airplane with the STC, and not provide new performance information.
Not really. Back when there was no AFM requirement few STCs came with manual supplements and usually only provided the required new limitations values. And mostly via placards. Reading the available info on your Williams STC they provide that within the “Limitations” section of the STC.

Perhaps determine which STC drawing list your install was performed under and see if that list indicates any performance information documents. If it does you can try to obtain those as the current STC owner.
https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_...93dac46b5e585256cc2000e3ad5/$FILE/SA424CE.pdf

And as an FYI: once the holder of an STC provides permission to use the STC they are regulatory bound to provide certain documentation to that STC user. If they don’t there is a path through the certifying ACO to obtain those documents either from the holder themselves or from the FAA database.

It's a little hard to believe that they can change the performance of the airplane with the STC, and not provide new performance information.
More than likely it’s advertised as “the same or better”, so they didn’t spend the money to build charts.

Back