Look what I found

Looks like you're approval is Canadian, ayy?

Why? Because of the CAA? The inspection date predates the existence of the FAA, so it could easily be a US approval too.

It's a US CAA airworthiness tag. Still has the lead seal on the wire attaching it to the ski. They seem to be in good shape considering their age.

Why? Because of the CAA? The inspection date predates the existence of the FAA, so it could easily be a US approval too.

No, because only Canada gets enough snow to fly off skis these days. Climate change and all that. :D

The CAA was the predecessor to the FAA, Civil Aeronautics Authority as opposed to Federal Aviation Administration.. The FAA came into existence on August 23, 1958 as the Federal Aviation Agency, later changing the name to Federal Aviation Administration on April l, 1967...

The CAA was the predecessor to the FAA, Civil Aeronautics Authority as opposed to Federal Aviation Administration.. The FAA came into existence on August 23, 1958 as the Federal Aviation Agency, later changing the name to Federal Aviation Administration on April l, 1967...

Thanks, Wikipedophile. :D

No, because only Canada gets enough snow to fly off skis these days. Climate change and all that. :D

Sad but true. I've got a set of straight skis for my Stinson but they've never been on the plane due to a lack of snow in my current climate. If I lived back up north where I used to be I could easily use them for almost the entire time it wasn't on floats.

I'll give you $2. You pay the shipping.

You should donate them to a local or otherwise museum if you want them preserved. Having the tag and basically original dust might make it worthy of something like that.

The CAA used to to do all things Aviation. In 58 when the FAA was created it was to seperate Safety stuff from Buisness stuff. The CAB, civil aeronautics board, continued with air commerce stuff and the FAA did ATC and accident investigations. In 67 the NTSB was created to investigate transportation accidents. Seems there may have been some conficts of interest going on letting the FAA investigate itself. Then in 78 the airlines were deregulated and the CAB was gone by 85. Who knows whats next. There seems to be some changes blowin in the wind as we speak.

Back