Look at what you people made me do

Wow.!!!! A clean hanger..... nice.!!!!

Oh, da plane, da plane.... really nice as well.!!!

Can tell you just moved into the hangar, it's not full of tools and bags and air compressor and a ripped couch and...

Yes, that will take some time. I didn't even have my airport badge yet when I flew her in so I had to get the ops guys to let me out. Had a deputy with him and he was wondering how we got inside the gate without a badge. Dude, we FLEW in.

Dude, we FLEW in.

Ha ha!

Congratulations on the purchase! Can you give us some of the details? I still am not too good at telling the difference between different airplanes. It looks like a cherokee? Warrior?

Ha ha!

Congratulations on the purchase! Can you give us some of the details? I still am not too good at telling the difference between different airplanes. It looks like a cherokee? Warrior?

1981 Archer II. Has ADS-B In/Out, some King radios, a DME and Century 21 autopilot but no moving map GPS. Pretty basic machine but currently all I need. Can finish up my solo training in it and then be free to do as I please.

congrats man! i cant wait for my own thread on this!

Can tell you just moved into the hangar, it's not full of tools and bags and air compressor and a ripped couch and...

I recently relocated to a new airport and thus only have a rollaway cart with tools, cleaning supplies, etc, a ladder, a broom, and a small pancake compressor. On the first nice weekend day after moving in, I was shooting the breeze with my new hangar neighbors. One of them starts chuckling and says "look guys, there it is, the mythical FAA regulation hangar..."

Beer bottles?

Congratulations to the OP, I got a kick out of just seeing it thinking "maybe someday"

Holy crap, how did you find such a clean hangar?

Congrats!

Everyone's always blaming me for everything...

Congrats on the new bird. Second happiest day of and airplane owner's life.

Congrats, looks like a good platform.

Congrats!! Welcome to the ownership adventure.

Nice clean hangar too...wait until the Bride wants to store decorations and what not in there.

Any speed mods?

Nope. It doesn't have a beacon though but it was built that way originally. Has white position lights on the wings. Had never seen a plane that way (in my very limited plane exposure).

Clean and cheap! This is the "big" airport that nobody wants to be at. Class C. Everyone is over at the uncontrolled field and I'm on the waiting list for it.

What class C? Most are more expensive compared to the outlier airports.

Congratulations! Our airplane used to live up that way when my nephew owned it. He had it based at Lacon. Enjoy!

Looks like someone did not get the word on the FAA's relaxing on their interpretation of aeronautical use of a hangar. Fill the ***** up!

There's a hangar in the pic? Nice looking bird! Tell Bruce hello from Ohio.

I'm at Peoria (KPIA) but have been training out of Mt. Hawley (3MY). Very reasonable hangar rates in this area.
From one Piper pilot to another...congrats!!! She looks nice. I hope you enjoy her as much as I do mine. The guy that owned my plane up through 1997 had her based at Mt. Hawley. I just moved into a new hangar in June so mine is pretty bare too.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 23
Congratulations! I used to own a 76 Archer, it was a great airplane. Can I walk in your shoes for a minute?

Sweet! Nice looking plane...congrats.

I'd love to be at John Wayne (Class C) because it's so much closer to my house, but the waiting list there is roughly two lifetimes, and I don't even want to check how much hangars go for.

Congrats!! Welcome to the ownership adventure.

Nice clean hangar too...wait until the Bride wants to store decorations and what not in there.

Wait, what?! No. No no no. No.

Man card, hand it over. No "storage of decorations" in the hangar. Next you'll be telling us there's a damned box full of dust ruffles and duvets.

Oh...

Congrats OP on the new hangar and airplane.

Don't listen to Greg. Hangars are what you fill up with airplane related toys.

Decorations! Sheesh! :)

Wait, what?! No. No no no. No.
Man card, hand it over. No "storage of decorations" in the hangar. Next you'll be telling us there's a damned box full of dust ruffles and duvets.
Decorations! Sheesh! :)

:lol:

:cool: Man card safely tucked away......much rather boxes hidden there than in my garage. No fun turning wrenches and getting crap about all the Brides storage boxes. At least no one seems to bust chops about the golf clubs, unless they see me use them. o_O

When I got my first car ever, I liked it so much that couldn't leave it for the night and slept in it, parked in the garage.

After POA does to me what they did to you, I'll be sleeping in the plane no doubt.

Congrats, looks great, later on post more photos and stories

On a related note:

8699627169_7185e46473_c.jpg

Back